Looks like new expansions cause more fun and levels of AAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Scott Mullenix, Oct 8, 2022.

1. Scott Mullenix I like troll sk, troll shaman, and ikzar necro.

And profits to EQ makers to create more to continue to do so. That's why I'd eventually buy the expansions, for the additional AAs and more fun zones.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. I_Luv_Foraging Journeyman

Well, those are good things, but here is the problem I have: they are just cut and paste of previous expansions, abilities, AAs, and spells. They haven't really injected anything new, other than a few zones per expansion. But everything else is just a different name with a bit more power to it. And some stuff we get we don't ever use (*cough* neurotoxic spike trap *cough*). Vex Thal was fun this time around because Qwalla added in some fun drops. I hope to see more of that in the coming expansion.

The other thing that needs to be addressed is lag, something that has been an issue for many, many years. As much as I will take flak for this, I think they need to hold off on a full-blown expansion for a year, maybe give us a couple of HH zones, or something like GMM to hold our interest for a bit, and take time to fix some major issues, like lag.
    Marton and Fenthen like this.
  3. Zunnoab Augur

You are making the classic mistake of assuming every developer has every role and that they can somehow "focus more" on the lag issue.

I do hope they keep it in mind during design though. I saw the Aten Ha Ra and Oubliette issues coming a mile away, though it was even worse than I imagined or I'd have been a little more vocal on beta.
  4. I_Luv_Foraging Journeyman

No classic mistake. I am still suggesting content, but just not a full-blown expansion. Keep people like Qwalla creating content and fun drops but do allocate more of the team to fix issues that need to be fixed (lag, class balance, wizards, bugs that have the "confirmed" tag on them but haven't been fixed).