POK Brew Barrel Music

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Morfiend, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Morfiend Highest Priest Morphiend

Soo..
    For whatever reason, the Unique song/soundclip that plays as you approach the brew barrel by the main bank in the POK has always struck a chord with me, does anyone know what that sound clip is from? Any idea why the put it in/any lore behind it? It sounds like a recording from inside a bar.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

3. Herf Augur

I thought it might be from a WWII British movie
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I always liked it, too. Thanks for the background :)
  5. Morfiend Highest Priest Morphiend

wow that is it
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. Morfiend Highest Priest Morphiend

im very curious how you figured this out
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This link below is the actual one I was looking for to post. I am a huge fan of Dean Martin and know all his songs and all those he sang with others like the rat pack. As soon as I heard it in EQ years ago I recognized it as one of his. Well not his, he is the one on the far left, but he sings it

Or maybe it was my stripper song;)

8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Dino +10
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Literally can't thank you enough for posting that! Johnny Carson sings? Who knew?!?!?!

I concur with your view of Dean. Master entertainer. Inspired my bard, Dino Crocetti ;)
  10. Morfiend Highest Priest Morphiend

How cool would it be to find out who the dev was that put that in.. and what the thought was behind the entire sample etc
    CatsPaws likes this.
  11. Iven the Lunatic

Had heard that "song" in PoK a few thousand times but now when I wanted to compare it with the video clips it doesnt trigger anymore. :rolleyes: Have to check the audio files now.

/loc 33, 229, -123
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

They were so YOUNG! My own memories of them were when they were much older, in their twilight years. They did look like they were having loads of fun, Dean and Sammy especially.
  13. Lingum Elder

It is my understanding that it triggers at POK nighttime.
  14. Iven the Lunatic

Yep, that got solved. 6pm - 4am
  15. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The song also plays at a tavern in Sarith. I was amused to hear it. I wonder what other taverns in game have the music for the locality.
  16. Flatchy Court Jester

What , no Beer Barrel Polka?
  17. Hegsheoshed Augur

It is also the sample at the beginning of Drinking on and on by an antifascist punk bank called The Stage Bottles. That came out in 1994 so someone liked punk. I remember seeing a list of music Brad liked to listen to but I don't recall them being on the list. Honestly the only name I remember from that list is Yngwie Malmsteen.

Zunnoab, Iven, Stymie and 1 other person like this.
  18. sazz New Member

Wow amazing... that is exactly it!
  19. Iven the Lunatic

Grats for finally solving that riddle, Hegsheoshed.

Da PoK pub just delivered a pint fer yah !
    But what is dis wood elf gurl doin there ?