Shared Merciless Ferocity Rk. 1 overwrites Rk. 3

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cannikin, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Cannikin Augur

The level 100 beastlord buff Shared Merciless Ferocity has strange overwriting behavior. Rank 1 (and 2) will overwrite Rank 3. Also shorter duration will overwrite longer duration.

e.g. SMF Rk. 1 with 24 minute duration will overwrite SMF Rk. 3 with 27 minute duration.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

For all buffs there is no timer limiter, it would be too much processing to have to dynamically determine every single target remaining time vs duration of the caster. The only other thing that can happen is a lower level caster cannot refresh the buff that came from a higher level caster.

Just by the factor of having the same buffs in the same slots should be running the stacking checks and the higher stats win out. Are you sure its Merciless Fero that is being overwritten and not one of the lower level rank 3?
    https://www.raidloot.com/spells?name=Ferocity&effect=&class=Beastlord&level=&view=
  3. Malbro Augur

He is correct, rank 1 shared merciless WILL overwrite rank 3. It always has.

I have mgb'd rank 3 in the lobby and a character right after casts his own rank 1 and overwrote it.
  4. Iribabh Augur

5. Cannikin Augur

Yes, I'm sure. I regularly MGB SMF Rk. 3 with my BST in the buff pile in PoK (so no worn off buffs), only to very frequently get it overwritten by someone else MGB'ing a Rk. 1.
  6. Sain_Rathe Lorekeeper

Since thieves vision was recently fix is there any chance this could get looked into
    Silvena and Thunderkiks like this.