Collectible Parser

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SteamFox, Sep 16, 2022.

1. SteamFox Augur

Hello,
    I have created a google sheet to parse this data and tell you which ones you are still missing. The sheet will tell you a list sorted by Expansion/Collection set (to make overseer collectible items easier to use) as well as an alphabetical list (to make bazaar or guild bank diving easier). There is also a dropdown to limit max expansion for TLP where not every expansion is unlocked yet.

Let me know if you have any issues, ideas or feedback.
    NOTE: Only use google sheets, this won't work properly in excel

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nSB14myJRcCTDym1jWNfqDGoYcHbeMIszO_YK3fQ0MQ/edit?usp=sharing
    Hobs, Darkhain, Kakashi77 and 14 others like this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

THANK YOU!
    SteamFox likes this.
  3. SteamFox Augur

This feature is now available on all servers! Hopefully someone finds some use from this sheet =)
  4. demi Augur

ok for the computer non savy person .. how would i download this and use it ?

/outputfile (from EQ for /ach's)
    the open up the google sheet and open said file above and it breaks it down for us ? is it that easy ?
  5. Angahran Augur

Looks good.

One note, is there any way to highlight collections that require more than the basic edition of an expansion ?

e.g. This set requires the "collector's edition" of RoF.

Rain of Fear Stalking Fear (Rain of Fear) Impressed Report
    Rain of Fear Stalking Fear (Rain of Fear) Singed Book
    Rain of Fear Stalking Fear (Rain of Fear) Disgusted Diary
    Rain of Fear Stalking Fear (Rain of Fear) Shard Message
    Rain of Fear Stalking Fear (Rain of Fear) Lost Pages
    Rain of Fear Stalking Fear (Rain of Fear) Abstruse Idol
    Rain of Fear Stalking Fear (Rain of Fear) Half-burned Note
    Rain of Fear Stalking Fear (Rain of Fear) Scouting Report
    Rain of Fear Stalking Fear (Rain of Fear) Discarded Scroll
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

7. SteamFox Augur

Pretty much, if you open the google sheet there is a tab called "Instructions" that should hopefully walk you through it but essentially you /output achievements in game, go to the google sheet and save a copy for yourself, then you import the file from EQ and voila.

If you're on discord you can hit me up @Kiff#6717 if you have issues and I'll try to help you
  8. SteamFox Augur

I just made an update that will straight up remove those if you don't own the RoF collector's edition and don't want to see it clogging up the list. I also added another option to highlight the collection set if you are only missing xxx from that set (ie: if you're only missing 2 it will highlight it let you focus your attention there if you're after the AA)
  9. SteamFox Augur

Note, everytime I make an update you'll have to recopy the OG file.
  10. SteamFox Augur

Were there any other expansions that had this restriction?
  11. Zunnoab Augur

It's dreadful and never should have been made that way. I certainly hope not, but not that I'm aware.
  12. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

I t

I think it's /outputfile achievements
    (instead of /output achievements - which is what you have posted on your file)

Also, thank you for your work and sharing with everyone!
  13. SteamFox Augur

While you're correct, the full slash command is /outputfile, you can drop almost all the characters off most slash commands until it becomes ambiguous which one you mean. For example
    /outputfile
    /output
    /out
    /ou
    Will all do the same thing, but /o becomes /ooc. Just another quirk of the EQ console I guess.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Kialya Keeping your butt alive since 2002

Gotcha :)
  15. SteamFox Augur

Just a side note, this only works in google sheets, excel can't properly import and parse the data.
    Kialya likes this.
  16. SteamFox Augur

Updated to include the Night of the Dead and Feast of Giving event collectibles as well as the Night of Shadows collectibles via Beta server. (hopefully they don't change between now and launch lol)
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Partial entry is rather like tab-autocomplete in many CLIs like Linux and Cisco but without the need to press tab to complete it.

/ooc might be higher in the list (i.e. an older command) than /outputfile which would be why the shortcut of /o would default to it.

As a side note: "/fo" is so much easier to type than "/follow", like in other games which both do not have a macro system not partial entry. I often find myself being left behind using the EQ "/fo" when playing a different game with the same friends. Drives me bonkers!!
    SteamFox likes this.
  18. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

This is a great idea - thanks for doing this.
    Small nitpick, achievements is spelled wrong in your instructions tab.

Thanks for your work! You are appreciated!
    SteamFox and Nennius like this.
  19. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

i didnt struggle with the instructions i found it pretty straight forward, but suggested a number of other folks try it, and several struggled to follow along.

My collections are done, but others have said that if you uncheck the Collectors Edition, the default should maybe be to list all missing rather then however it is set now.
  20. SteamFox Augur

Haha thanks, that word is my nemesis.
    Aha, that is what it SHOULD do, but I had a bug in the formula after adding Night of Shadows. Do you mind having one of them confirm it works properly for them now? Thanks for the catch!