Its been asked for a million times

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Celatus, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Celatus Augur

Why has this not been done yet!

Uncap the plat limit on baz and parcel. Its absurd that anything worth anything at all is more than 2 million plat and I can't buy it or sell it in the baz. How hard can this be.
  2. Cicelee Augur

First of all, it has only been asked 326,984 times. If you are going to argue something, come with facts and not hyperbole.

Second, if it was so easy as you think it is, then it would have already been done. So maybe it is harder than you think.

Third, all you need to do is take the conversion tax off of whatever is higher than platinum (forgetting the name of it, maybe Nobles or something) and introduce it to the bazaar and character/bank currency. Problem solved.
    Orienn, Fanra, Maedhros and 2 others like this.
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It's probably pretty easy for them just to rebuild something like an auction house. Parceling is already in place would just need a central vendor.

Judging by past feature implementations, it would probably be on the easier side of the things they've been adding specifically Luck and Overseer.
    Andarriel likes this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

An auction house would be fantastic. I might actually consider selling again.
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. Tour Augur

If a solution sounds incredibly simple regarding a long standing or well known problem in a system or field you are not in then it very likely isn't as simple as you think it is.
    Fanra, Wyre Wintermute and Nennius like this.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

More likely it's a task that's never been assigned resources by management. I doubt the current dev team would struggle to build an Auction House.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

It's been asked 32768 times, but that counter is stored in a 16 bit signed integer, so it's calculated as having been asked -32767 times and is now considered the least popular change devs could make.
  8. Tucoh Augur

It's so painful going from guild wars 2 or black desert onlines auction house to EverQuest bazaar.

That one of the performance challenges of EQ is character save sizes because of the amount of tradeable loot on peoples characters cracks me up. With a decent auction house that loot could be liquidated, used and cleaned out of the databases.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Be nice if i could buy krono's from a trader and so i can sell the better prize stuff illusions mounts ect that are worth more than 2m pp.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And there is likely a reason for that as assigning people to make a change like that would mean that they would have to stop work on other features and items. It is just a matter of where it is on the priority list.
  11. Riou EQResource

Auction House would probably never be done as long as it would cost them revenue in lost full time trader accounts, conservatively this is probably like 5-10% range of the total paid for accounts the game has
    Waring_McMarrin and Tucoh like this.
  12. FyrasDrinal Journeyman

Wouldn't this be treated as -32768 since 0x8000 would be stored in 16 signed int?
  13. Tucoh Augur

I was hoping someone would bust me up over that.
  14. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Very good point. Although I only have 4 paid accounts that are only used for being in baz that would be 4 less a month they would have just from me.

And I am not a power seller, nor do I sell chase loot. So just think of what the revenue loss would be on those.

I think the perk for the extra trader bags was as much as they are going to mess with the baz.

After all if it ain't broke - don't fix it and wanting the amount raised is a want and/or convenience - not a fix for something that is not broken to begin with
  15. Celatus Augur

just reduce the amount of plat on the servers by a factor of 1000 then. if you have 1000 plat its now 1 with the same spending power
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

IIRC several years ago they posted that raising the plat cap was as yet not worth the effort it would require and implied that it would be revisited in the future.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

My guess is that they would rather fight the inflation than give into it.
    It doesn't look like normal gameplay in modern expansions actually generate that much plat, if you take the moneysinks into account.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Kind of hard to stop the inflation when you have money being created and added to the system non stop through player actions. The issue with the change is the fact that they would impact a large portion of the game and if something goes wrong it could be very bad.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I can only just now afford to craft all my visibles for my main, and I have no clue how others get that much plat on their chars...:confused:

Just doing the quests with a group, where you only get 1/6 of the loot, is very slow earning.
    I suspect people who are still rich, are either going back to earlier expansions(where you don't need a group to share with) for extended grinding or was already rich to begin with. To earn millions in modern expansions, you pretty much have to grind for hours everyday, or speculate in baz(which doesn't generate new plat on the server).
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  20. Sobmre Augur

perhaps once this has been asked 2million times it will never be asked again.....
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Andarriel like this.