RACISM!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Herf Augur

You were born a poor green child...
    Deux and Flatchy like this.
  2. Branntick Augur

Drakkin and Gnomes I get, but Iksar? Please yeet this post into the sun.
    Herf and Deux like this.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Trolls can be good to have around in a fight as long as you are upwind of them. But they are definitely like children...nothing worse than having a raid cancelled because the trolls on the raid got hungry, grabbed and roasted a midget raider for a snack between encounters and the raid ends because the midget was a cleric. Once Trolls get hungry they lose interest in anything but eating.
    Nennius and Herf like this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Speciesism.

And Ogres might be considered stupid but you don't get to be 10 feet tall & weigh about the same as two trolls by being lazy or dumb, we still outsmart the stunties well enough to stay well fed, including the supposed "master race Gnomes", who we eat in their thousands, so how smart are they really?

The only skinny Ogres are dead ones.
    minimind and Herf like this.
  5. Herf Augur

Popcorn gnomes?
    Nennius and Skuz like this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Might be considered stupid??? Even Darwin balked at believing that Ogres had any real importance in the grand scheme of mammalian evolution. Anyway, in reply to the half-baked idea that ogres are actually a real lifeform worthy of respect I submit the following.

Are giraffes smarter than humans? Giraffes weigh more and are much taller than humans. Yet, with the exception of some pop singers and a depressingly large number of politicians, almost no one would consider a giraffe to be the equal of a human. Ogres are huge, wasteful, smelly, horrifically uneducated blobs of meat when compared to almost all other races in Norrath.

On the other hand, we Dwarves are not tall and have brains that make an Ogres brain seem like a steaming pile of refuse from a sausage factory. Thus, we can plainly see that Dwarves are, in fact, superior to all other races in Norrath. With the possible exception of the long-rumored Koala race, of course.
    code-zero, Skuz and minimind like this.
  7. Herf Augur

Dwarves smell funny, but that goes away once they're well seared on the BBQ.
    Nennius and Skuz like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Giraffes eat plants, the kind of Plants which can't run away, can't ride mounts, can't cast fireballs, can't stab you between your vertebrae, can't put a sword between your ears, can't summon monsters to fight you, things which many of the beings Ogres like to eat definitely can do, Giraffes are definitely not as smart as even a dumb Ogre.

Ogres were once the true master race whose magii were more powerful than any others, powerfull enough to breach the barriers between the mortal realms & the realms of the gods themselves a feat all lesser races have been unable to replicate, and they've only used the pathways the Ogres created.

Sure, we got cursed by the Earth gods for kicking in their doors & killing some of them, and Rallos was disappointed the grand plan was thwarted but the achivements of other races don't even come close to the glories of the Rallosian Empire.

Dwarves, who mostly Drink Beer, smell of (hint: it rhymes with hiss) & eat shrooms in the dark were a lamentable addition to Norrath, they only got strong bashing rocks all day due to being addicted to shiny things, brains? What brains, no casters exist among your Dwarven brethren. Your flowing beards simply help to waft your deplorable stench about the place, hide the worst of your bloated guts. At least Dwarves taste pretty good after a few hundred years of self-marinading in booze.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

“The Ogre does what ogres can,
    Deeds quite impossible for Man,
    But one prize is beyond his reach:
    The Ogre cannot master speech.

About a subjugated plain,
    Among its desperate and slain,
    The Ogre stalks with hands on hips,
    While drivel gushes from his lips.”
    ― W.H. Auden, Selected Poems
    code-zero and MasterMagnus like this.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

how you get rid of gnomes there are no more items made from tinkering?
  11. code-zero Augur

Ogre.... Going through my various illusion clickies for all of the ones for playable races only a few have a lore tab. In Visage of the Brute, the Ogre illusion, the lore is "emanates a filthy nauseating stench". Over the years I'd seen various lore surrounding the races and officially Ogre reek of the worst sorts flatulence. That goes with the early models constant butt scratching animation.
  12. Herf Augur

That's what happens when ones diet is nearly completely meat. Gnome and dwarf meat. It's also why Ogres used to scratch their butt a lot.
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

One reason at least.
  14. Tadkins Elder

This is where I disagree. I don't know how anyone finds gnomes tasty. Too little meat, too much grease. You're spending too much time picking out hair and bones, and finding a halfway decent seasoning, to enjoy a gnome meal.
    Deux and Nennius like this.
  15. code-zero Augur

Pretty sure that Ogre's are omnivorous and will eat anything that they can get past their lips. Sort of like the obese Scottish character from Austin Powers only with far worse hygiene. If we could have smell associated with the game no one would ever group with an Ogre in a tight, poorly ventilated dungeon not even other Ogre's
    Deux and Nennius like this.
  16. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

My friend there is Ogre funk and then there is Troll funk...Troll funk is the stuff of legends. The fact they are born in a swamp should be telling. At least Ogres will eat things that were alive within the past few days. Rotting, maggot infested roadkill to a Troll is finely aged meat.
    code-zero likes this.
  17. Herf Augur

Most gnomes are bald so not to much hair. I view them as the EQ equivalent of teriyaki wings; you have to pick the meat off the bones but it's very tasty. I believe you must be thinking of elves.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Does the teriyaki have sesame seeds? If not, we need to talk about skin care.
    Flatchy likes this.
  19. code-zero Augur

I've noticed that Troll funk mostly comes out in their sweat which isn't too bad in a cool dungeon. When you hear an Ogre coming and you know that squeaksqueaksqueak ain't the armor creaking.....ugh
    Deux, Herf and Nennius like this.
  20. Flatchy Court Jester

DISTURBING!