Overseer - retiring for stat/quest xp - best strategy

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shea, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Shea Lorekeeper

So I've been doing a lot of overseer quests for the past few months and have gotten a full set of agents except for 2 of the 3 final elites which you get as achievement rewards for maxing out the stat XP bars.

The final 2 require maxing out the 3 '6hr' stats plunder/crafting/harvesting which I have at lvl 3 across the board.

I had been retiring duplicate Elites for 2 rares but at this point I realized that other than growing my non-iconic common/uncommon army, there's not much reason to do recruiting missions etc.

Poking around a bit I retired a rare and just to see put the XP towards plunder and got a fairly large return (I think around 3.5 ticks of xp). I then retired an uncommon and got much less (around 1 tick?).

So my question is, if I'm trying to finish up these last few 6hr stat/quest bars, what's the best method?

What gives more xp, a retired Elite? 3 retired Rares? 9 Uncommons?

Has anyone looked into this?

I know it's more efficient to do 2 6hr quests vs. 1 12hr so following that line of thinking it may be that the 9 uncommon route would be the way to go.

Obviously I can play with it to find out but just wondered if anyone had already done so.
    Wdor and bobokatt like this.
  2. Spacemonkey555 Augur

My buddy and I discussed this and he tracked it last time he had a rare and an elite to retire. He reported that the elite gave more than 3x as much as the rare, which tracks with you getting more than 3x a common for an uncommon. I’d crunch them up to elite before retiring if I still had any overseer experience needed.
    Wdor and Andarriel like this.
  3. helfcleric New Member

I was curious about this myself last week and did some checking. With 71.379% xp into lvl 4 crafting, an uncommon echo put me at 74.002% or a gain of 2.63%. A rare echo then put me at 81.874% or a gain of 7.872%.
    If you divide 7.872% by 3 (the number of uncommon agent required to convert to a rare, you get 2.624% (I figure the .001% increase was a result of rounding). I did not try an elite echo, but based off these numbers, the xp for 9 uncommons = 3 rares = 1 elite. So the only benefit I've seen is using the conversion quests just means less agents to find in the list to retire and less echos to claim.
  4. Moege Augur

You sure about this ?
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

While I didn't get as accurate results as you did (and HOLY COW, never noticed you can get exact numbers for each category ;) ), I can tell you this. The hash marks for the XP levels are 10% apart, and using an elite echo for XP gets you just over 2 hash marks. Since 7.8% x 3 = 23.4%, that sounds about right.

Also, for recovery, using an elite echo gets you quite a bit more than ~23% at level 4. Never tried one with the recruitment category.
    bobokatt likes this.
  6. Shea Lorekeeper

Which part? With the new achievements it shows you which agents you are missing. Ignoring the agents you get for the Holiday Scorched Sky event, yes, I have a full set common/uncommon/rare and all but 1 in 2 of the elite categories. You get the final elite agents when you max out certain groups of stats/quest xp. They show up as rewards for the Level 5 Quest achievements.
  7. Shea Lorekeeper

Sweet! I hadn't noticed the XP % numbers you get if you hover over the XP bars either. This makes figuring out the difference way easier! Good catch!
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea the 6 hours quests take a long time to get the next level. Retiring elites is the way to go they give alot of xp. Ill be taking that route on my last account but i still need two rares that dont wanna come up lol.
  9. bobokatt Augur

My God thank you for this post. I was going nuts trying to finish the stupid 6 hour ones which I NEVER did. I ketp retiring stupid elites which I have so many of, for stupid rares. What a wase. With this post the XP gained by retiring elites and using it for XP is insane. Thank you!!!!
    Shea likes this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sorry to quote my own post, but didn't figure people would notice an edit a day or two later.

Used an elite echo for Plunder XP today. 23.6% gain.
  11. Wulfhere Augur

It's affected by Labor Day Double XP Bonus
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No, it's not. It's the same I was seeing before (see my previous post). I just didn't have precise measurements then, before I knew about hovering over the XP bar to get the exact amount.
  13. Wulfhere Augur

Well the quest rewards for XP are being affected ...
  14. Moege Augur

Thought I got them through conversions. May just be that I got them since I had everything completed on login so did not notice.

Ok yes just through the achievements that you can get (found my list with what I considered the full sets before the achievments came in)
    Agent of Luclin
    Agent of Quellious
    Agent of Anashti Sul
  15. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

16. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

...then save them for retiring for any new agents that may come out with, when you already have everything current. That's what I have done, and have at least 10 of every Elite saved for the next group when/if they release some.
  17. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Damn Phinney! I had at least four of all the other elites (that you can have multiples of) before finally getting him. Now I get him all the time, heh.
    Andarriel likes this.