Krono Activation from Server Select

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Imukai, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Imukai Augur

Please make this a thing.

[IMG]
  2. Loup Garou De loop de loop

oh geez. this again. Its not that hard to log into a live server and eat a krono. I mean the constant complaints about this from the TLP server got the "days left" removed.

Pay with a credit card (whose date never changes) or track your billing date. It only skips by one day a month with using Krono
  3. Iyacc Augur

I'm curious what kind of complaints got the "days left" taken out of in game viewing?

And while it's not hard to log into a different server to eat a krono, it's annoying AF and requires you to have throwaway characters somewhere just for this purpose. I know that TLP existence annoys many live players but for a lot of us TLP is the only place we play. I don't think either one exists without the other at this point.
    Duder likes this.
  4. Loup Garou De loop de loop

When you use Krono you do not get a "month" you get 30 days - exactly.

So the days remaining was always changing (plus or minus a day depending on the month) and TLP users filed petition after petition about it being incorrect. They thought they were getting shorted a day here and there because the billing date ergo the days remaining changed.

Since Krono changes the billing date they were always caught short since no one pays ahead and they all wait to the last minute. So more petitions were filed about the billing date changing.

Those players did not understand that it was not incorrect but that it changed month to month which changed the billing date and the days remaining based on their payment method.

So the devs decided it was easier to say it was incorrect and took it out. Like giving the bratty child a sucker. But it still works the same. Krono get one day less most months and the billing date changes.

I think they should put a pop up on TLP accounts that pay with Krono warning them they have one or two days left to consume or update payment method. Similar to what they do with free accounts with that pop up to go all access. That would solve the issue without adding more chances of Krono application not working right. I really do not see a pop up on the server screen as being a resolution since so many times the accounts can slip in and out of paid status or krono are delayed. And if someone has no Krono then they need to buy one which could populate more errors.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What is wrong with having the ability to consume a krono at the login screen? Also the point of using krono is so that you don't have to pay for a sub but can earn it in game. Running out of sub time and finding yourself silver isn't just a TLP issue.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It wasn't accurate and people had subscriptions run out while the indicator in game said they had more time.
  7. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Thank you for a nice simple concise way of saying what I was trying to make understood. I gave all the whys of why it was not accurate but I rambled so I am sure readers got lost:D
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

While it is easy to workaround not having this I think this would be a nice QoL change.

But if its a PITA to code for then it probably isn't worth it.
    Appren, Mashef and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  9. Vlahkmaak Augur

Create a lvl 1 toon on AB or any free to play server. The first server on the list would be easiest. Consumer Krono. Throw away toons cost you nothing but 30 seconds of your life every 30 days.
  10. tuda Lorekeeper

please make this a thing.

There is nothing more annoying than getting kicked offline during a raid or group because your krono ran out.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Krono at the server select won't solve that as you would still be subscribed when you log in. In that case it would just help get you back in game faster.
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Kujoe Lorekeeper

More information at server select would be great. Consume krono, and a list of created characters with class and level please. I assume this information is in some type of database or list somewhere, is there no easy way to bust it out into a UI field for viewing?
  13. Demetri Augur

From the situations theorized here (as well as understanding that almost anything added to the login that has not really ever seen changes over the years could be daunting for them) - it seems to me that an in game warning to consume a krono with like a 5 min grace period or something would accomplish the same goals better and succinctly without potentially breaking anything else.

Basically have the server check for sub every 5 min or something, like it currently does, but instead of terminating on a first fail - first fail pops up a warning and restricts what the character can do in the world - and second boots like usual.

Seems a more elegant solution with the same net result.
  14. Xeris Augur

Imagine a group of people who instinctively respond to ideas with reasons why it won't work instead of saying "hey yes this would be a nice thing to add to the game, +1"
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

Welcome to the official forums.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Looks like a good QOL request to be honest. You still need to log out and back in but removes the need to log into another server to do this.