Exalted Symbol Crafting Help

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hammaclar, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Hammaclar Journeyman

I have been attempting to make Exalted Cultural Symbols and am having issues. I have a modified (with tradeskill trophy) of 301 and cannot make the symbols. I get a message that this seems correct but maybe you need to know something more. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I can make the symbols for the level below but having issues here. Also the book Smithing Exalted Cultural Symbols is not on any of the normal vendors at this time.
  2. Sythrak20 Elder

I think you need 300 unmodified skill for the vendors to sell the exalted cultural book. There's a vendor in PoK and Abysmal Sea that will sell it.
  3. Aanuvane Augur

I don't know for sure, but that's my gut feeling as well.

I think the books are required for everything above Eminent?
  4. dentalplan lisa needs braces

can confirm you need 300 unmodified skill for the recipe book for exalted symbols to show up on the PoK vendor, and you cannot craft them without the recipes
    Aanuvane likes this.
  5. Nork New Member

As stated above, if you put the correct materials in, in experiment mode you get a message like "this feels right but something is wrong, maybe you need to learn something"
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

If you don't have 300 un modified skill to purchase the book then you need to go complete the impressions quest. Or skill up to 300.
  7. dentalplan lisa needs braces

Does the impression quest even give you the recipe book? I thought it just gave you the ability to make the patterns, which is unnecessary now because you can just buy them off a vendor in PoK.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

oh yeah you might be right there. Good catch. :oops:
  9. Magician9001 Augur

10. Estalia Journeyman

I posted a bug report on this about a month ago. Once TSS unlocks, you can purchase the smithing/tailoring/tinkering exalted symbols book ONLY from the vendor in Abymsal Sea. Doing the quest which has all parts of it in game during tss doesn't allow you to make them. You do need 300 skill in smithing/tailoring/tinkering to buy the book for each.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  11. Skeetic New Member

the quest is no longer necessary to do, the books for the recipes are on vendors in PoK at the library
  12. Hammaclar Journeyman

I am on Aradune and yes we have TSS unlocked. So looks like the issue is Modified vs Unmodified and I need the 300 as an Unmodified skill.