Minimum Player count for older instant zones

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dravine, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Dravine New Member

Can you please add a second way to get a instant zone other then having a full group of people. Ex: level 120 can request a instant for the Magnetic Guardian in Dragonscale hills and go solo. So he is solo but since he is level 120 he would be able to get access to the zone.
  2. Stymie Pendragon

They're more commonly referred to as "instance", but I agree that they should look into easing restrictions after a period of time for older content. Knowing a workaround just points to the root of the problem.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

To be honest they have said that more instanced zones doesn't help the lag situation and that they don't like players to have private zones for farming.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

All zones that require X number of players to request an instance should automatically have those requirements go away once you're so many expansions beyond it...3, maybe 5.
  5. JeffHanson Augur

The minimum player count to request instances doesn't prevent anyone from getting their own zone to solo in. People just grab a few friends or folks from general chat, open the instance, and then drop the group. It's nothing but an annoyance.
    Shomen, Svann2, Wdor and 4 others like this.
  6. Koshk Augur

Exactly. The ability to create instances of zones is available to everyone. It's just a pita. Yet people will continue creating them anyway, despite the annoying inconveniences. Because they want what's in there.

If instances are indeed a performance problem, that could be managed in other ways (lockouts, timers, max # of instances created per account, per week). Whereas today, there's just a deterrent that isn't actually working.
  7. nitrocutter Journeyman

Everyone forgets that this is the way it was programmed. What you're asking for is additional programming time for your PITA when there is nothing technically wrong with the game.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

3 min and I think MERC count for Group but raid need 6 peeps
  9. Zunnoab Augur

It's likely changing a number rather than coding time, but still time that could be spent on other things.

Other than the awful task system they mercifully stopped using for raids, free to play alts or even offline group members count depending on the instance too. It doesn't work due to level spread for task-based raids.

I wonder if they ever fixed the dreadful "if a bunch of raid members LD in the task, each counts as level 0 so the task automatically quits" nonsense. I hated that so much, since not even the task leader could kick the LD player from the task. Thankfully they stopped locking tasks as much and use the far better DZ system for new raids.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

actually it creates more lag when you gotta log on more chars so you can get a instanced. Should be like the TDS expansion i can get ha's with 1 char and merc.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

An instance creates more lag then the characters needed to get that instance and lag isn't the only reason why they don't want you to get an instance with a single character.