Illusions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dyna, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Dyna Elder

I wonder why illusions do nothing to make the creature you are impersonating like you?

Why do they still see ME instead of the illusion, so illusion is just a decorative thing for players?
  2. Knifen Augur

Alot of times even when it doesn't show it in the description you get a good faction boost for that class illusion. Not all but alot will do a /faction search for the one your at and see if it goes up and down with the illus on and off. Some of the older ones required you to equip the mask as well for faction but don't remember which.
  3. Dyna Elder

Thanks I didn't realize that. I do wish I could blend in the populations when I buy and illusion though :)
  4. Knifen Augur

Yeah, I had hoped we could skill up in illusion, like gimmie tinkering when im in gnome illusion. =p
    Wdor likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Some quests require you to be in an illusion that either the NPC gives you or casts on you or you need to have an enchanter cast on you and while doing that you can run around and interact with the npc
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

Some illusions make those changes. I'ma Dark Elf ENC. Changing to a good race makes me not-KOS in good cities.

Religion however is always seen. That's why most ENC are agnostic. Worshiping Innorok will still get you killed even if you are visually a good race. It's kind of comical. It's like you can make yourself look different but you can't play the part and keep your mouth shut.

Other illusions are just graphical changes. Turning into an Armor of Zek isn't going to amiable in Halls of Honor. It would be good however if turning into a Tegi would make you not KOS in ToL and so forth for the ENC illusions, but they don't work that way.
  7. Hegsheoshed Augur

It is funny then to mention how an erudite paladin of Prexus used origin to return home with ogre illusion active. Stepped out a few feet to go down the stairs and was attacked by a sentinel who promptly died to Emberweave. Probably just some faction work for the faction the guards on would stop that but it shouldn't be necessary.

If there was a way to raise faction with Battalion of Marr it would be interesting to see if the Armor of Zek illusion did anything at all.

I have been surprised at times to be able to do quests that couldn't be done until faction was maxxed and the proper illusion applied.

I miss the days of be able to drop a coin on the ground and casting minor illusion. Always wanted to be a copper piece rolling along. Wasn't that lamp over there before, what is this bed or chair doing out in the woods? Except the name showing in the target window would give you away.
  8. Iven the Lunatic

Iirc the factions mods from illusions were bigger in the early years. The druid wolf illusions even made the PC non-kos to undead mobs but that got nerfed after about 2-3 years.