Vaniki Achievements not achievable?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Imdead, Jul 11, 2022.

1. uberkingkong Augur

GoD is the KING of KINGS expansion, toughest EQ expansion.

Its not a coincidence the GoD achievement has not been beaten yet. You have to be REALLY REALLY good, HIGH EXPERIENCE, 15+ years EQ experience. You know what pots to bring, what clickies to bring, what rotation to use, what strategies to use.

GoD made a LOTTA people quit, lot of HIGH END raiders quit. Thats how tough it is, so its no coincidence GoD has not been beaten yet.

The other expansions will be a breeze, no easymode is necessary to be implemented for the other expansions.

GoD is when EQ was considered to be having the TOUGHEST raids. EQ today, LIVE, those raids are a joke beaten on day 1 of opening.

GoD expansion people know the raid, they know what they gotta do, but GoD is TOUGH, its not something you figure out and have it on grind mode like the expansions/raids today where people figure out the ToL raid and its on grind mode, easy as cakewalk after figuring it out. GoD, you know what is coming but its STILL TOUGH.

There will be a guild coming close to beating it, but thats about it, not every guild is going to beat this. GoD wasn't designed for every guild to beat its raids unlike the raids of recent where they designed so everyone can beat them. GoD raids were designed so that the VERY BEST players in era beat it.

Just because your on Vaniki doesn't mean you will beat it, some of these achievements are for the VERY BEST players only.

Not a everyone wins.
    This is true nature of a very competitive server, NOT EVERYONE WINS. Only the best.
  2. Kahna Augur

Uhh, this was true when it was first released, but it is a cakewalk now. No one on Mischief (Or any other recent TLP) struggled with GoD any more than they struggled with any expansion before it. It was just as faceroll easy.

Vaniki is it's own beast though.
    Keella and Tweakfour17 like this.
  3. Vicus Augur

Sadly none of this is actually relevant anymore. Honestly the hardest part of Gates on a normal TLP is getting the entire raid through the Tipt trial because there is ultimately 1-2 groups of people who just stuggle for whatever reason. Nearly all the mechanics in Tacvi can be just ignored due to aa, gear, dps.
  4. Vicus Augur

Thanks. I update our recruitment post normally the night of or next day of a major killing milestone. Plan to do that during the life of the server.

As for Cragbeast, our attempt was not ideal. It was the last 20 minutes of our raid night and had some basic tactical errors, but non the less, once it was pulled we did attempt to pull out all the tricks and 95% was where we landed. The regen and tank damage is something. But we are going to give it a valid attempt again before 60. But dont have high hopes.

I also 100% do not want them to delay expansions for that achievement, bring on Omens and beyond. That is one of the main perks for the server, 95% of the server time is spent NOT in PoP and below which most have seen 2 dozen times.
  5. Tucoh Augur

That's a really good point. Looking forward to more updates so spam away on these threads and your recruitment posts!
  6. Vicus Augur

We went and did some server first deep sea fishing. (Also killed a bunch of mini's in Fire and Water).
    [IMG]
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  7. uberkingkong Augur

Am I starting to hear excuses from Vaniki players?
    Started off saying LDoN raids not doable, once figured out every guild is doing it.

Now I'm hearing Cragbeast Queen, not doable.

I'm pretty sure if it wasn't doable they wouldn't have that as one of the achievements that they spent days and weeks and months on the drawing board deciding which bosses to down for the achievements.

Its doable alright and I guess the Dev's get a W because Vaniki players throwing in the towel in their defeat.

Hardcore, tough achievement server, well developers, I'm seeing a W coming for you this Wednesday when you look at the data from what people were and were not able to accomplish.

Usually when doing decisions like they test it, and if the testers were able to do it, but the players were not, well, I guess this is why they do open beta raids 100% exact raids to the public.

Players just aren't as good as the testers it seems. So they open raids and tone down so players can handle it.

Anyways grats on the W developers decision makers on this achievement server.
    Thank you for not making it super easy and a competition, a lot of guilds throwing in the towel on Cragbeast Queen so, not everyone is going to finish 100% in ERA achievements, this server is a challenge still.

Thanks for making this challenging server, I'm enjoying it!

These guilds when it comes to Cragbeast Queen they just gotta try harder, think MORE MORE outside even more outside the box. Testers could do it, how come you can't? Them guilds are just not thinking outside the box enough. Gonna let the game masters get a win.

The crowd back then, Sleeper, could not be killed, some people thought very very far outside the box, and you know the rest.

All in all Cragbeast Queen is proven to be doable, people in other TLPs done it, its a doable fight, it aint like Sleeper where it was designed not doable, and people doing the not doable.
  8. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    Rajaah, Barton, Stymie and 1 other person like this.
  9. Xeris Augur

lol, "put thought into it" ok!
    Rajaah likes this.
  10. Vlorg Augur

EQ on it's skeleton crew sure as heck don't have a 54-man testing team for raid.

Since they spin up new TLP every year I doubt they put more than 5 min of effort per achievement ( lethon 2.0 before corruption cure are available?)

and GoD was tough at start because it was designed to be 5 lvl higher than what it actually released at.
  11. Imdead Augur

So the best I heard was a 95% against Cragbeast Queen?
  12. Vicus Augur

Little late on this, been doing a ton of things in game since Wednesday. We did this on Thursday 6/4/22. P1-P3 was smooth. Dipped our toe in P4 (one shot).

Fun times. Looking forward tomorrows raid. (Outside of raid we been doing tons of quest for Time level loot). [IMG]
  13. Xeris Augur

handsome raiders
  14. Tucoh Augur

So which guild will be first to beat Vishimtar, Sendaii and Deathknell #1? How long do you guys think it'll take?
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

Seems like it's Rusty Willsappers race to lose
  16. Xeris Augur

We've killed Quarm on Vaniki! Also got 2 MPG trials done last night. Looking to do someore tonight.
  17. Rajaah Elder

Who are these "testers" you think exist? You made the idea up in your head, then immediately started judging actual existing guilds against this mythical assemblage of superheroes working at dev HQ.

They don't exist, the devs threw these cheevos at the wall and hoped for the best.

And Cragbeast Queen is a world apart from the Sleeper. There was no limit to the amount of players that could fight the Sleeper, so pouring 300 people into the zone actually worked. CBQ has a hard limit of 54 people (IIRC) in the fight, and you can't bind and rush back. All of that said, the main obstacle isn't even all of the above, it's that the regen for the mob is cranked up almost beyond what a 55 raid can output for DPS, elongating the fight beyond any tank survivability or healer mana.
  18. Rajaah Elder

Not sure, there are six or so strong guilds on the server who can field a raid. IF those cheevos are all doable, and if that's a big if, people will find a way. I'm guessing at least a couple of them will be doable, but we'll see the lay of the land whenever someone tries.

Bind Rush had a strong start and roared into first for a while, but we went TOO hard. Been burning out for a bit now and we'll see if we get a second wind or head to the retirement home.

I'd say the guild(s) that beat the cheevos first will be whatever guilds hold it together and don't let attrition sap their will.
  19. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

20. TheElusiveFox Journeyman

CBQ is no joke, even at 65 with raid gear, if you don't have the numbers, or if you don't understand the mechanics its pretty easy to not beat the dps check and start dieing and snowball into a wipe.
    Frankly though I think this isn't going to be the last "unbeatable" boss they have selected.