Mob credit and DPS question

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Quik, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Quik Augur

So I am not touching the VP key quest but I see people arguing all the time in game over how you get credit for a mob kill and the DPS output.

I THOUGHT all DoT's were considered to be full dmg on the initial hit as far as dps credit, but I am told that is wrong and apparently it is only the first few ticks that are counted?

What if a mob is at 30% but someone does a massive nuke that would have done 80% of its health? Does the overkill dmg count and would that give the person who did the massive hit credit? Or the person who had done more damage over time adding up to 70% total at that point?

I also heard that no matter how much has been done to a mob, that if a SK harmtouch drops it in one shot they always get credit?

Would love a detailed breakdown if anyone knows for sure or can link a site that explains it well.
  2. MischiefTLP Augur

DoTs with a DD component (did) get full credit, so Envenomed Bolt is/was 2147 damage towards kill credit. SK harmtouch is also a DoT with a DD component. Overkill damage from a nuke doesn't count but overkill damage from a DD+DoT does/did count as long as the initial nuke lands for full.
  3. Captain Video Augur

Overkill damage does not count. AFAIK, an SK DT only credits however many HP are remaining on the mob when it hits. You also cannot go strictly by percentages; if the kill is not instant and the mob heals along the way, it is possible for more than one character to do damage > 50% of the mob's initial HP. In that case, the most damage wins. DoT credit depends on how long the mob stays up. You get credit for first-round damage immediately, and if the mob is still up when your second round goes off (6 seconds, 12 seconds, whatever) then you get that counted too, not counting any overkill.

You can test these things easily enough in any of the newbie yards. Just roll up a few level 1s and see what happens.
  4. Midnitewolf Augur

To make this easier to understand, generally speaking the person who lands the biggest DoT first, gets the kill. Usually this means the first Necro or Shaman to get a big DoT on a mob wins. However, I have still be KS'ed by a Wiz/Mage going full burn or a SK using his HT.

General rule of thumb when there is competition for mob i.e. the AJ for the VP key. You have this:

1. Necro
    2. Shaman
    3. Wiz
    4. Mage
    5. SK

as for everyone else, don't even bother trying to compete.
  5. Quik Augur

This is what I thought as well, but every camp that has a wiz with however many mages doing rain spells seems to win 95% of the time.
  6. Snafuy New Member

Sk should be 1 on that list since they can do over 4k damage in 2 sec if they know what they are doing