The Paradoxical Tragedy of Endgame Content like Veeshan's Peak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brontus, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Midnitewolf Augur

I think this sums things up nicely. There really isn't a lot of mystery to EQ so any concept of solving any kind of puzzle for access it long gone. Couple that with very short time we can play in era content, the keys have become a useless time sink that is frustrating and impeds gameplay.
  2. fptackle New Member

It always amazes me the try hards here that think they're some special person because they sat waiting on a ground spawn with an auto clicker. Then still feel that this is in any way meaningful content that should remain the same so others can experience it in the same dumb manner.
  3. Xondor Lorekeeper

If you want a cakewalk game then EQ might not be the game for you, and that's fine. There are plenty of other games like wow where nothing is special because everyone gets everything.
  4. Triconix Augur

VP key is a cake walk. It requires little effort outside of just sitting on your behind, doing absolutely nothing for 58 minutes every hour for X amount of hours until you finally get the named to spawn. Wasting a majority of a day doing nothing but drooling over your keyboard from boredom isn't difficult. But why should we have to do that? What is fun and engaging about that? Congratulations, you have a very fulfilling life if you can, and are content with, sitting in front of a computer for 12 hours doing literally nothing in game for 11 hours and 45 minutes, with no other priorities.

Not everyone has to get everything, but there are design methods which are significantly better than what VP has to achieve that goal.
    Gheed likes this.
  5. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

If people find out sitting at a keyboard doing nothing all day doesn't make them special, what will they have left?
    Stymie, Tucoh, Hrum and 1 other person like this.
  6. Erekai Journeyman

Even loot aside, there's something "special" about seeing it with the rest of your guild and making your way through the content when it's relevant, at its highest difficulty (whether you feel it's difficult really or not.. it only gets easier as more expansions are released). But after Velious drops, most guilds just don't bother with VP anymore because the amount of raids and content in Velious is immense, and because the gear gets outclassed pretty fast, so yeah I guess you could come back and "see the content" at a later date, but it just wouldn't be the same experience at all, and I think that's what a lot of us want...
  7. Brontus EQ Player Activist

And you got your very own special snarky reply.

*golf clap*

Pro Tip: Try to level up your reading comprehenion. While wallowing in your envy and outrage, you missed the entire point of my post. Next time I'll include a TL;DR for you an others who are miffed that someone would have the temerity to post something on the forums.
  8. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

Keys for zones like VP and VT were intentionally extremely long and annoying to finish because those zones weren't even finished when they were implemented.

I have always been a fan of keeping original content how it was, but the VP key does suck to do because the raid itself is pretty trash. It's fun to do a couple of times, but yeah almost all of the gear is lackluster.
    Hrum likes this.
  9. Kaillie New Member

Agreed, it was appropriate to time gate stuff back in the day when you had to make the content last 52 weeks. It's beyond silly to do that when the content is only around for 1/7th of that amount of time.
    Erekai and Hrum like this.