PSA to Enchanters

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by LeetKronolord, Jul 22, 2022.

1. LeetKronolord Journeyman

It's getting stale real quick so here is a public service announcement for all of you bad chanters around here and this apply to most of you.

From now, I'll advise every healer to allow one (at most 2) single heal to your enchanter per mez break and then let him die so he learn the game the hard way and git gud.

For enchanters, if you don't want to make an audio trigger for your charm I'd suggest you keep an eye on that charm window. When charm break you have 4 spells to cast, in that order : Color Shift > Mesmerize > Tash > Charm.

Thank you for your attention.
  2. Rygan11 Journeyman

Play the class the way I want you to play it
  3. YelinakIsFun Journeyman

Nah, it's more like, "here's some pointers on how not to bleed your clerics' mana dry on just the enchanter" aka "I like to keep getting group invites, so I will enchanter properly". Just because you are an enchanter, doesn't mean you automatically get groups. People definitely remember the bad enchanter, and don't reinvite them. This of course applies to all classes.
  4. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Great tip for a mezmerized charm pet.
    kizant and Spacemonkey555 like this.
  5. sadre Augur

Casuals demand stuns and mini-mez. Lest they get all Lucien Callow on us, aka, flustered.

Real players let the chanter eat his rune and do a tash-charm, and then do their job, which does not include trying to min max me.

Charm without danger is for sane people. Why you messing with my neuro-atypicality?
    Spacemonkey555 and MacDubh like this.
  6. LeetKronolord Journeyman

No, play the class as you should play it and don't dry your healer mana for a 10 sec gain you will lose in a 2 minutes med break later.

"Do not min max me.", Use rune.. And how many chanters use rune in a pug situation nowadays ? But the "let the enchanter finish is charm and then heal him" is fine by me too. Eat your resist on charm and die then.

Exemple: Kunark Era
    Rune IV
    Increase Absorb Damage by 699 (L40) to 685 (L49)

Rune V
    Increase Absorb Damage by 110 (L52) to 800 (L61)

If you charm a real pet and not a casual one it only allow you to skip the stun part of the cycle. You don't have time to tash + charm without losing at least 30% hp with that. If charm resist and you get no heal, you die.
  7. Midnitewolf Augur

While there is a ton of bad chanters out there, charm breaks are a thing and no matter how good a chanter is, they are going to get beat upon and cost some mana for heals. That is the price the party pays for 2-3 times the DPS of a Mage Pet and sometimes 2 times that of a player. You also have to consider that sometimes your stun/mez/charm gets interrupted multiple times and that is when a chanter, through not fault of his own, need the healer to heal them.

As far as using Rune for general leveling. Yeah no. With how often your charmed pet breaks, you would be easily spending 100p-200p or honestly now that I thinking about it, probably a lot more. No other class in the group has to pay that tax, so why should a Chanter have to do it just because not using it makes the healer work a bit more. I mean that is the healers job, to heal.

Now that being said, yeah there are a ton of crappy chanters out there that have no clue. What I see most often is chanters going after the wrong pets, i.e. pets higher level than them or obviously Magic Resistant. When they should probably be looking for something a few levels lower than them. Another thing I see is bad chanters not using their stuns or a least a short term mez to stop the charm cold and give the chanter time to tash and charm it back. Instead they just immediate go for the charm and dealing with the interrupts that will happen and get beat to hell because of it.

Last thing I will say is make sure your not criticizing the class unless you have played it. Charming pets is a complete pain in the . Hell I am not even sure if it is fun, but the benefits outweigh the disadvantages for everyone in the party.
  8. LeetKronolord Journeyman

I play the class and I know how it is. No matter how much an enchanter has been resisted and beaten by the charm pet, you still see if he mezzed it or not before re charming, and that's the only point of this post. If you mez at most you will eat two heal from your healer (unless you get two resist in a row, which happen but not every break) and not half his mana bar.

Mez your damn pet. No exception.
  9. Lineater Augur

PSA for this PSA: AE stun lasts long enough to get off tash and charm.
    Color skew/stun: 8 seconds

GCD (after stun): 1.5 seconds
    Tash: 1 second
    GCD: 1.5 seconds
    Boltran's: 4 seconds

This is not a great tip. There is no need to sideline your pet for 30 seconds every time your charm breaks. Sure - use mez if you get in trouble. Every time? lol no.

Good players will quietly shake their head if you're mezzing a pet every time it breaks. Rookie move.
    Duder, TLP Addict, Genoane and 3 others like this.
  10. CartoTLP Journeyman

Why would you ever mez a charmed pet and lose out on all that damage while you're waiting for it to fade? LeetKronolord is probably the guy that is happy in classic coming into Sol B wanting to split the bats and bugs camp.
    Duder, Lineater and MacDubh like this.
  11. Triconix Augur

You need to "git gud" and stop using garbage zam spell data because it's flat wrong. Zam may do a lot of good things, but it's been historically awful for it's spell data accuracy.

I mean, look at what you just posted. How does the damage absorb DECREASE when going up levels?! That makes literally no sense the base spell somehow gets more ineffective the higher up you go.

Rune IV is 394 damage absorbed. No range.
    https://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=484
    https://eq.magelo.com/spell/484
    https://www.raidloot.com/spells?name=rune+IV&effect=&class=&level=&view=

What pet in Kunark, according to you, is doing in excess of 1,200-1500 damage in roughly 7 seconds (the time needed to tash + charm) to rip through 700 hp rune V and 30% of the enchanter's health?
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

To be fair they also said a melee proc buff was garbage compared to a mana regen spell but they later edited that out.
  13. Elemental Augur

#1 Enchanter in all of EQ, whats good? I don't even mem my aoe stuns for charm breaks. Who wants some enchanter lessons?
    MacDubh likes this.
  14. YelinakIsFun Journeyman

Drop some phatty pointers in here!
  15. YelinakIsFun Journeyman

Also, if you're the best in all of EQ, you wouldn't need to announce it, everyone would just know.

I mean look at Fansy the Bard, best bard of all time. They don't need to announce it, their deeds are told as stories to the children of every generation!
  16. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I still have TLP an enchanter package from when I played on Phinny/Aradune if anyone's interested. It alerts you of charm / mez breaks. Just ;t drinal.oakenblade and I'll send them your way. Also happy to make any triggers you want.
    Stymie likes this.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

If I'm healing for an ENC i don't even throw out the first buff until I see that pet take an adamantite band and rusty spiked shoulderpads.
    Tucoh likes this.
  18. Gheed Is not reading your response

Was going to say this but he beat me to it. OP playing a single rogue or camp bard maybe?
  19. sadre Augur

if a bag of peridots breaks your bank, well, that ain't me. I always kept runes up, on whoever wants them.

I think the difference is, I use my class' tools how they work for me, and I don't try to tell other people how to play theirs. If a cleric wants to ration my heals, I'll go elsewhere.

Most camps one runs out of mobs before mana.

This post would be prime rickshaw material. I can count the times I've died to a charmed pet on one hand.

Maybe the OP only plays with bad players, so everything needs to be super buttoned down?

Or maybe the OP thinks he is The Equalizer? 13 seconds... hmm, 28. Well, next time.
  20. Glowerss Augur

Aside from being wrong about using low level mezz instead of just doing it in the duration of an 8s stun.

I wonder if the OP just has PTSD from those idiot enchanters who insist on giving their charm pets 2 weapons. That would for sure result in the enchanter taking a buttload more damage.