Proposed Vaniki Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rajaah, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Rajaah Elder

-Change all fun-item claims to 999, like titles are (obviously I'd leave currency alone)

55:

-Cragbeast Queen's regen is obscene and might need to be tweaked to be killable at 55.

60:

All four 60 cheevos have issues. The OOW one is for open world only mobs, and the cheevos only pop in DZs as I understand it.

-Change RSS King/Queen to Ture, or make cheevos obtainable in OW

-Change Vish to Yar'Lir (I think Vish is beatable, most people don't)

-Change Sendaii to Matriarch Shyra (Sendaii isn't happening)

-Change Deathknell 1 to "defeat all of the Theater of Blood bosses" (More fun, more doable)

65:

-Change Lethar to Vergalid (Lethar 2 is unbeatable without corrupt cures. If this cheevo is for Lethar 1, it's still a bit on the high end)

70:

-Change Meldrath to Big Bynn (I'd be shocked if even one guild has the tanks to kill Meldrath at level 70)

80:

-Change Cazic to Tick Tock (Cazic is nearly at the end of the expansion)

85:

-Change VOA Resplendent Temple raid to Sarith raid (Resplendent Temple is one of the roughest raids in VOA)

90/95:

-Change Defense of the City to a level 95 cheevo instead of 90 (It's a Darkened Sea raid which is level 105, and it's erroneously listed as a 90 raid in the achievements window)

100:

-Change Balance of Power to the Overthere cactus raid (Balance of Power is rough at the intended level, even for guilds with T1 RoS on farm status otherwise)

I think sticking to an early or mid-tier fight for each expansion is a good idea, some of the cheevos having super-late fights probably won't go well.
    theonepercent likes this.
  2. Gwence Journeyman

Items at 999 is ludicrous lol, at most it should be 1 claim on vaniki and 1 claim on one other server, but that’s honestly pushing it.

I don’t know anything past underfoot but the achievement mobs up to 75 seem fine to me, your suggestions are way too simple and not in the spirit of what vaniki is - it’s not suppose to be easy, that’s what Yelinek is for.

The only valid suggestion is just to confirm ow rift seekers will give achievement if not I would rather see Jelven or OMM for the achievement mob, ture is way too easy
    Duder and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  3. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Tik-Tok is definitely way too easy for HoT. Cazic might be too difficult? But Tik-Tok is one of the easiest HoT raids out there. (TT, Garden, Well, and House are crazy easy, while Feerrot, Erudin, Miragul,and Cazic are the check points in tiers)

Meldrath might be pushing it, again don't know how it will be tweaked. MM has some stupid bugs in the zone, but it isn't even at the end game of SoF. We had the most difficulty with the disco event in MM just not working properly at times and umm Breakneck warping and/or sending people to unreachable parts of the zone. Big Bynn seems a bit too early, however. The most I'd consider of rolling back to would be Spindlecrank (requiring all Steam factory events cleared).

RT isn't really bad, TBH. It takes more coordination, but if you can clear Rubak, RT isn't off the table. If it were Pillars.. that'd be a different story.

It's hard to judge what should or shouldn't be, without knowing how they will tweak the difficulty. Some lower tier stuff is much harder than the higher tier stuff.

I would agree with Lethar 2 change to Lethar 1 or swap to FC1 or AG E/W. Lethaer 2 is literally the end boss of TSS and hardest of all the events. It doesn't line up with the other Achievements except early game and Vish. Vish is NOT that hard, it takes better planing (and should be 1-2 more mournful spirits that spawn because 4 WILL cause a DT to fire in a full raid and they nerfed TL)
    Rajaah likes this.
  4. Galaras Lorekeeper

If they are worried about 999 claim then how about 5 for the Illusions/mounts. These are one time events that people aren't/won't be repeating if the current server situation is to be judged. For people like myself that really enjoy the TLP loop I'm not sure I'll ever find a server I want to claim the 1 off items on which makes me sad.
    Rajaah likes this.
  5. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I also think 999 is ideal, but could also lock it to era. So like the White Skystrider Whistle, earned by defeating Bells in PoR would only be claimable on servers with PoR unlocked.
    Rajaah likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd be happy with 2 of each. :)
  7. Vicus Augur

Personally I love the challenge of the new server. While the devs have set out many achievements, they never said they would ALL be attainable by all who play on the server. When original live was a thing, only 1-2 guilds per server were able to clear the content before a new expansion came out. I like the idea that achievements may be a "choice", we only have enough time for A and B but not C. I do think that no achievement should be impossible at the level it should be. I also think real non cheesy tactics should be possible to complete them. Just hard work and player skill, not stupid stuff like Stun locking a boss or something.

So far I think the server is right where it needs to be, and tweaking should happen with more real data. Currently the top two guilds are at the same point of progression but both guilds have taken much different routes. One has cleared VT 4-5 times and the other guild has barely touched it. That is the fun of the server, you can go where you feel like it. Other guilds that have a much more casual approach will be able to obtain some of the achievements, but not all of them unless they change their approach.

The server is still new and has plenty of room for more guilds that are pushing progression, the more the merrier in my opinion.
  8. Gheed Is not reading your response

Bind rushing AoW is real hard work and player skill if you ask me.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Rajaah Elder

If not 999, maybe...5 or something. It's just no good to have a shissar pet illusion with 1 claim on it. Puts it in the realm of things you never use because you don't want to use it up.

I don't think my suggestions would make Vaniki too easy, I think they'll make it doable at all. A lot of these just don't look possible.

OMM as the 60 achievement mob probably won't work, I can almost guarantee nobody will be able to kill him at 60. However, I've underestimated the industriousness of the players before.

Basing most of this off of how rocky it has been up to now. It's possible things won't be as bad as I think once MOTM starts dropping off.

I know you're being sarcastic, but "bind rushing AoW" hasn't been a thing on the server for a while. We killed AoW at level 40 by doing that, but we've tanked him at successive level stops. It isn't actually possible to tank him at 40 but you're welcome to take a stab at it.

Agreed. The VT clears have been great ways to gear up tanks, which opens a lot of doors. I'm curious what alternate routes you guys are taking, especially when it comes to tank gear. VT's kill to loot ratio is pretty excellent.
  10. Gwence Journeyman

Its def lethar 1, otherwise it would be termed final stand in the achievement listing

I don’t think omm is harder than vish and that’s an achievement target, it will boil down to no missed mask clicks and I think he’s def doable, won’t say easy cuz it won’t be easy but for sure doable
  11. michahs1 New Member

honestly i'm a bit suspect of how prog at lvl 60 will go at all. some of those mpg trials (looking at you, endurance) might be extremely problematic, and it doesn't get less difficult from there. there's a lot of stat lines we take for granted on a normal tlp that we will be 30%-50% short of on vaniki at 60. i guess on the flipside, if we somehow manage to beat diabolic destroyer with an 8200 tank, i might consider that the hardest thing i've done on a tlp lol.
  12. Tucoh Augur

DPG should change Vaniki such that level unlocks only happen when the achievement has been earned once and the timer elapses. With the idea that if a server was stuck on an achievement for too long something would change to make that tier easier or the level would unlock normally.

In the current system some of the achievements may be doable, but not doable given the time available to gear up at certain levels.
    Rajaah likes this.
  13. Vicus Augur

I would prefer to not have an everyone gets a trophy approach. Personally I hope they make Vaniki type servers a permanent thing. Once Vaniki hits live, 3 months later another server comes out with the same ruleset. Any achievements that fail to be completed carry over to the new server. One day a guild will achieve them but dont water it down just because people on the server didn't succeed.

Any achievement not broken, leave in for the next server to attempt. Leave in the same achievements that were broken, and just adjust the rewards a little so it brings back players who played on Vaniki already, and add 1 new achievement (or replace) per era to keep it fresh. There are new people joining this server daily and my guess is it will continue to grow before it declines as many people are just tired of classic-pop.
  14. Vicus Augur

The alternative route was just to go attempt mobs with what we had on. We only raid 9 hours a week, so we don't really have the time to spend an entire raid day farming VT. We have done nothing special for our tanks, no pushing gear toward them or anything. None of our warriors have broken 7k hp. Our wins have been mainly due to coordination and executing the fights correctly.
  15. Vicus Augur

16. Tucoh Augur

hmmm

17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yep it was a level 90 achievement, but TDS does not unlock until level 95 is available.
  18. Master Kahleem Augur

These "rewards" are not rewards at all unless they're 999.

An illusion shouldn't be a single server gimmick item, and it shouldn't be designed in a way such that powerlevelers will be doing "cheevo runs for krono" on Vaniki in the future.

Have them be 999, obviously except for currency, or it's not worth it...whatsoever...even for future TLP.

I never, ever, want to have to roll an "alt" in the future on Vaniki for a new future TLP /claim.

I should be able to use the Vaniki illusion, for hitting 60 on Vaniki, for every...single...future tlp regardless of launch era.

I also don't want to see "This illusion is greyed out until GoD era on this new TLP", ever.