Yelinak - Kunark Cultural Armor

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Loremipsum, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Loremipsum New Member

Hi Team,

I have played on many TLP servers and started playing EverQuest when Kunark originally released: I was 15 years old.

Anyone who has played on the TLP knows this discussion. The discussion I am trying to have is about the Kunark cultural tradeskill armor: Enchanted/Imbued Dwarven Plate, Enchanted/Imbued Koada'Dal Plate, Enchanted Imbued Elven Chainmail, Teir'Dal (Dark Elf), the human stuff, the Vale halfling stuff, list goes on. I can provide a link to all of them if anyone wishes.

On the past servers, the components to make these armor were released at different times and the armors themselves were changed from their original form (like Koada Dal) at some point. Some components don't begin dropping until well after the armor is useful. Take for instance, Koada'Dal Plate. I believe on aradune the devs didn't include Essence of Moonlight until Luclin. Just add the original conponants back for the original Koada'Dal and other armors in Kunark.

These armors were an important part of the Kunark experience. Their colors were new and the challenge of collecting the materials represented an important challenge during Kunark. They represented a worthwhile way for players to engage with the crafting system. Basically, they were an integral part of the era. They were in high demand, and people enjoy the crafting system when there are worthwhile items to make.

Without these armors which are made by crafters (which regulates their price), the armor drop Kronos farmers will simply dominate the market on worthwhile armor pieces during Kunark as they have done before.

Please consider adding the old recipes/armors like Koada Dal to the game at Kunark launch so that ALL of the Kunark cultural armors can be made during Kunark. Otherwise, if the team waits until Luclin again, there really isn't a point to adding them at all.

Thanks Team!
  2. Hythos Augur

I too have always wanted to make these in an era that they could be any bit useful. Since they've been changed and delayed until Luclin, the Enchanted versions are practically useuless and likely never made.

I think it was Niente who said it's more complex than a few changes in LUA; their concern with enabling any Cultural armors is with if they miss something, or if they were to allow something unintentionally.

I know Tier'Dal Enchanted Chainmail was available mid-Kunark on Live, but Enchanted Plate was broken (could not combine).
    On Phinnigel, likewise enchanted Chain was available in the same timeframe and plate was not.

DBG made their changes somewhere before or for Mangler, to disable the needed Essences so that not even standard/unenchanted could be created.