No trade items possibility of being account wide instead

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dendria, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Dendria New Member

Is it possible to code no trade on bags (especially) and other items to be account wide instead of no trade? I have other games that have been able to do that type of code.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Lots of items, especially bags are already account wide. Look for the Heirloom tag. Many other items are as well. I doubt regular gear will every get the heirloom tag though.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

See Smokezz, but to expand on that it's been discussed and the bags that are not heirloom the devs want to be restricted to the character by design. So there's a mixture of bags that are heirloom and those that are not according to their decision.

And also to clarify they have this, its the heirloom tag, but to get it on another character on the same account you have to put it in the shared bank, only way to move it. Heirloom overrides No Trade allowing it to be put in shared bank but it is still no trade to prevent you from dropping it or trading it to someone else.
  4. Fuelforfire Lorekeeper

For better or for worse, I could see this being a suggestion for perk changes.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would be a horrible pay to win addition.
    Smokezz likes this.
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

In World of Warcraft 'heirloom" items are account wide flags. If you have the item flag, you can go to a screen, select it and just click create one on the character, rather than a physical saddle item for mounts for instance, you just go to an inventory screen and click an icon and get a copy of the mount, or special armor items with XP mods to level in that scale to the clicker's current level.
    Stymie likes this.
  7. Shanarias Augur

You lost me at World of Warcraft. :D
    Mukkul, Flatchy and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

After sharing this sentiment for like 14? years of WoW's existence, the wife wanted to check it out.

So.... I played WoW for a bit. Specifically, bought Warlords of Draenor during a Christmas sale for 12 bucks, played through the next expansion, Legion, collected something like 13 TRILLION "artififact points" for a class weapon and..... next expansion, stat squish, take everything away, including weapon everyone level 60 again and.... never even logged back in to WoW.

Their heirloom and bind on character / bind on account system is clearly superior though.
  9. Barbwarrior Augur

every alt has full raid gear anyway since 90% of chest loot is trash for mains
  10. FranktheBank Augur

So you dont read any post (and have to state that you dont read) that says World of Warcraft, the most successful mmo in history, just because you dislike the game?
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

It may be the most successful by numbers ( Basically because its so easy and flashy) but it will always remain an EQ rip off in my mind.
  12. Angahran Augur

Has WoW been running over 20 years ?
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It will be in a few years and it has a much larger user base then EQ ever had.
  14. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

The world is full of people that have been running over 20 years. If that is the measure of success...this confirms we truly are all winners and we do deserve those trophies.
    Flatchy likes this.
  15. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

You shouldn't bring up non-EQ games. Developers are very well aware of what other MMO's have done in the past or currently doing. It is very likely they have no intention to emulate their success. They work on a fine line where too much success brings down the servers, and not enough and they close down for good. Think about when new servers launch and it causes lag on other servers or causes issues with the login server. I don't think there was much of an issue with the last launch, but I can only speculate why that was the case.

The other issue is that the other game has a very structured system on how much stats should be on player gear at every level, and content is designed with that in mind. Think about the routinely discussed topic of group content being doable with group gear versus trivial with raid gear. Developers have no intention of making the game "approachable" for new players or less punishing. You need to suck it up and get good. Even when they do attempt to do a similar thing to the other game, defiant armor, it doesn't go well. Think about defiant armor. At lower levels the armor is god lock and is/was better than raid gear. Later defiant armor isn't even comparable to group level armor, and ironically you can pay for it with real money. So the armor is overly powerful, or relatively useless, not much of a middle ground.

Lastly, developing an new UI and sets of menus to an already bloated UI system is a lot of work. Think about the number of failures attributed to the Overseer system. For whatever reason it was added is still up for debate, but simply put it is a bunch of count down timers with some pay to win mechanics on the side. They still haven't got it correct, and that thing adds to their revenue, imagine them working on something that doesn't have a verifiable tangible benefit to their profits. It isn't going to happen anytime soon. Developers simply don't have the resources to manage such a feat, especially if it isn't going to be used by a majority of players. New systems are always included in the newest expansion pack. That means TLP servers wouldn't be able to use it until Terror of Luclin Expansion +1 releases, and by that point it would be dead in the water.
  16. Mukkul Augur

This is an EQ forum not a WoW forum. If you want to talk about WoW then go there.
    Shanarias likes this.
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

18. Act of Valor The Newest Member

There are things we can learn from other MMORPGs that can make Everquest better, and there are other things we can learn that would make it worse. It's a healthy discussion and doesn't need to be forbidden.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  19. FranktheBank Augur

No.
  20. Flatchy Court Jester

You are most certainly welcome to your opinion. Now go sit on your unicorns horn!;)