"Zone Path" doesn't always work

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ellendra, Jul 15, 2022.

1. Ellendra New Member

When using "Zone Path" to find my way across multiple zones, the text will sometimes say "A mystical path appears before you" even though the path does not actually appear.
    Gosan Kai and narksar like this.
  2. Conq Augur

This has always been the way.
    Conq
  3. narksar Augur

Absolutely warrants analysis. Don't forget, when you druid port to Tox forest and make a path to Marcia Amilgald(sp?), even though she's nearby, it suddenly can't help you and says it can't make a path.
  4. Bernel Augur

This does happen from time to time. When it does, bring up the map and there is typically a red X where the path would have been drawn to. So even if you don't have the path, at least you can find out where you should go.

One thing that I've seen cause this is when the path goes under the surface of the ground. If I'm standing on a hill or something, sometimes the path tries to go straight through the hill rather than along the surface.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Possibly because Marcia Attamilgad is not a set NPC - she roams different zones.
  6. narksar Augur

I'm referencing this happens when she's actually there. When she's not there she doesn't show up in the Find window.
  7. Gosan Kai Elder

This has happened to me numerous times for a variety of reason over the years. Some of the reasons include paths to objects which need to be clicked to zone, NPCs which need to be spoken to in order to zone, 'unknown' routes, etc.