log back in to a random zone you logged out of

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Robb D, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Robb D New Member

Category: Pathing [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Mon Jul 11 14:27:32 2022

Character: Level 85 Warrior (Main)
    Zone: Icewell Keep

Description: I log off at my guild hall. When I log back in I am in Icewll Keep. Been doing this now for almost a year. I will hold off on going gold for now
    Mukkul, MacDubh, Bernel and 2 others like this.
  2. bard007 Augur

I have seen this happen before.. Generally when you log out in the guild hall new or old, the zone despawns after a long period, if noone is actively going in there. When you come back into the world, sometimes.. just sometimes the instance doesnt open quick enough and you are placed in a random zone .. some of my toons in my alt guild always get sent to Broodlands if the hall hasnt been used for a while...
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Fenthen likes this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

5. Bernel Augur

I just had this happen yesterday and died from it. I was in a Neriak Fourth Gate HA that expired. When I logged back in, I was put in the same relative spot in the real Neriak Fourth Gate, where I was KOS to whatever NPC happened to be right where I respawned. I would think a much better default behavior would be to put the person at a 100% safe spot, like their Origin point.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

yes, I know. But you can use the bug feature in game and add it to an existing post. Its simply another way to copy and pastes
  7. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Happend to me on several characters.
    1. lvl110 camped in nieghborhood guildhall logged in next time in Korsha Lab at the zone in
    2. lvl 90 something camped in nieghborhood zone logged in next time in Shards landing in the shard camp tent (this happend twice to the same character)
    3. lvl 90 something dont remember where camped logged into Shards landing (same location as 2)

I assume its related to camping in zones that are instanced and the next time you log in the zone is in a dormant state and it sends you to a lvl appropriate zone or a zone you have recenlty visted. In my case i think the first 2 had been to those zones recently, I dont know for sure on the 3rd. If i recall correctly this sort of thing used to send you to Lesser fay or Plane of Tranquility stone in PoK.
  8. Bernel Augur

I wonder if your /loc is the same in the new zone as the old? The next time it happens to me, I'll check my /loc and then go back to the instance where I camped and see if it's the same.
  9. Mukkul Augur

I know this is still happening with instances that I log out inside of, then I log my character back in well after the instance has ended and closed and sometimes I end up at a seemingly random LDON zoneout spot such as in Everfrost or North Ro instead of where I actually last zoned in to whatever instance it was.

Is this not fixable or something? Because I think this has been a bug since at least LDoN expansion.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Lded in Kael on a raid, when I came back in was at the same place in Kael but in a /pick.

If your off line for only a few minutes is should put you back in the zone where you were prevously. In the case of instances shutting down, it should put you at the NPC you entered with or in Plane of Knowledge if you bannered in. NOT in the live zone at the same spot.
  11. MacDubh TABLES!!!

The solution should be to spawn the character back in Guild Lobby or PoK, as it is now I haven't been able to pin point the logic as to where you spawn.

For example I had a character who has been only running overseer in GH since level 85 respawn outside of the Vxed instance after the servers went down. They haven't been to that zone in at least a couple months. This would make me think that it reverts to the previous instance you were in prior to Guild Hall.

However I have also had characters spawn outside of ToFS zone in which isn't instanced, as well as many other random zones that they probably haven't been to in months (South Ro one time).

I would think the fix for this would be pretty straight forward if you use GL or PoK as a default safe spot.