No subscription options?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by kona, Jun 22, 2022.

1. kona New Member

I have started playing again for the first time in years and want to support the game but I don't want recurring subscriptions. Is there any option for 1 time payment for a month or quarter where I don't have to go through the hassle of cancelling a recurring payment or am I stuck in the F2P model?
  2. Zanarnar Augur

Your only option for a non-recurring subscription are:

a) subscribe for a month, cancel the next day. Rinse/repeat every month
    b) pay more then you have to each month for a Krono, and consume that for 30 days of Gold access (not 1 month, 30 days. Do note that.)

Your only "stuck" at F2P due to your own hangups around a recurring subscription. Which are basically the standard for about everything like this.
    code-zero and Nennius like this.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

It takes a whopping 5 seconds to cancel right after you subscribe for a month. I think you should get over it.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Krono is the only thing that does not auto renew. You consume it and when it runs out nothing will happen till you consume another one.

But if you consume the next one before your bill date then it will renew.

No need to really go all access until higher levels anyway. That's when you need the AA and journeyman mercs, and prestige stuff.
  5. kona New Member

IDK about being standard, most games I have been playing the last 5 years you buy "premium time" or each games' approximation of it. The more you buy the better the discount but no recurrence. World of Tanks for example had premium time in 1,3,7 day, 1 month, 3 month, 6 month or a 1 year membership.

As far as hang ups, recurring subscription models were commonly used by cable companies, gym memberships, and back in the day AOL/Earthlink internet services, Columbia House/BMG music clubs. All notoriously difficult to cancel due to there recurring memberships and all known for horrible customer service. Recurring subscription models are a real red flag to potential consumers.
  6. kona New Member

Well thank you for your thoughts.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Everquest is not "other" games and this is the model they have had for over 20 years.

It is not a hassle to cancel EQ since all you do is click a square that says CANCEL. Unlike AOL/Earthlink etc there are no human customer services reps that are going to ask you why you want to cancel nor is anyone going to ask you to stay. You wanna go? Then go.

But you can still play for all the time that is left on your subscription.

I think if this is a big stumbling block to you then you should stick to F2P or play on the test server.
    code-zero, Nennius and Khat_Nip like this.
  8. code-zero Augur

You may be feeling differently once you have a bunch of your gear go yellow in the middle of a fight
    CatsPaws likes this.