No, the devs do not need to reinvent the wizard..just a small adjustment

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Highwizard, May 18, 2022.

1. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

There is no more sustained dps or burst dps. Design and I think even a few dev comments the past years have shown dps is intended to be relative to each other.

Wizards need more base nuke above and beyond what mages get. AE nukes for all classes need a rework reducing the restrictions and power. Dots casted on 5 targets should still win but AE nukes need to be a lot closer by removing critical rate caps or not being able to be focused or whatever stupid blocks they put on them over the years. Just make it expensive so casting an AE nuke on 8 targets does 8 targets worth of nuke dps just like casting a big dont on 8 targets at once hurts mana.

That said stop making every single raid event an AE event unless you are also going to give melee back some of their AE power or they will still be behind as well.
  2. Petalonyx Augur

That's why the SK's ability to press one ability macro and instantly do 20m dmg is worthless, right? No value in that dmg all being up front. No one would mind if it was spread out over 20 min.

There is burst. It does matter. It should also be a wizard thing. Mages have a long pet-dependent ramp and lack burst.
    Flatchy likes this.
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

Give Wizzys the biggest Nuke in game for petes sake, its only in their class description pretty much.

Deiter McBoombox needs some luvin!
    Yinla and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  4. Highwizard Augur

My guild leader actually has the best ideal and it is a small change nothing crazy. Lower our cast times by a tad bit and up our base crit rate that has not been adjusted since ROS expansion. As it sits the base crit rate of a wizard is 53% which is the lowest of the dps casters, combined with slightly faster casting speed would be all we need.
  5. Petalonyx Augur

I'd personally rather see the option for enormous booms (with opportunity costs that require thoughtful consideration) rather than more aggressive, thoughtless spell spam.
    Jumbur and Spacemonkey555 like this.
  6. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

They should have an ability to outright kill certain mobs close to their level range with one shot. A nuke so powerful even the loot has to roll a save to not incinerate.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

There was a time where a wizard could pop all his burns and 2-shot darkblues.

I kinda miss that. :)
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They have said they aren't looking at classes until they have solved the lag issue.....we could be waiting a very, very, very long time. Lag isn't getting any better, if anything it is getting worse again. :mad:
    Metanis and Skrab like this.
  9. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It’s sad that Overseer gets more attention than class gameplay.
    Sancus and Metanis like this.
  10. kizant Augur

When did they say that? Class balance was on the road map for this year.
  11. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

We all know that’s just going to be a couple days across the next Beta.
    Sancus and kizant like this.
  12. Highwizard Augur

Kizant you have been around for a long time and ROI probably knows the devs better than most with beta testing..etc. What change if any would they likely consider for live?
  13. kizant Augur

I don't see them making any change we suggest. Most Wizard improvements came from Dzarn's AA consolidations but he's not working on that anymore and there's really nothing left to consolidate. Besides that you had the Vortex line that Aristo added in TBM and the recent direct damage increase that he also worked on. That's 6 years between spell improvements for wizards so maybe he'll do another one in 2028.

My guess for next expansion is they give melee some big weapon improvements to help close the gap with necros and mages. And then wizards will get standard upgrades and fall back to being near the bottom.
    Lophophora and Sancus like this.
  14. Highwizard Augur

Thats exactly what i think is going to happen, back to the bottom we go. If that indeed does happen im gonna end up benching mine and rolling a bard or something. Sucks I put alot of effort into my wizard i.e artisans prize..etc
  15. Szilent Augur

Splitting the emergency tanking AA from its burn portion was done for necromancers - that's hypothetically still pending for wizards.
    Lophophora likes this.
  16. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Just roll a mage, basically the same thing but way better. If you miss the ports just buy the Heritage Crates.
    kizant likes this.
  17. Szilent Augur

do you play both these classes? I ask because neither magicians nor wizards agree with you that they're the same.
  18. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Yes, but I sat the Wizards out because they way underperform for being a mage without a pet and an useful synergy.

Are the absolutely the same? No.

Are they extremely similar? Yes, dress wearing, magic stick wielder that sends fireballs and sometimes two fireballs at the same time.

Will the devs fix and maintain Wizards? No.
  19. kizant Augur

Maybe but it would only be a small improvement on raids.
    Lophophora likes this.
  20. Cicelee Augur

Which is not right. Wizards should get boosted. There are things that can be done to provide that boost, especially to something like Mana Burn AA. But whether devs do it or not is the question.

I hope they get their boost. Always baffles me on a Shei parse that my class and necromancers are higher than wizards. Just not right.
    kizant likes this.