Housing: game claims my real estate plot is full (it's not) - can't place, move or delete anything

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jazrakhan, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Jazrakhan New Member

Update: as of the 6/15/2022 patch and server reset this issue resolved itself.

Housing issue: I cannot place, move, remove or delete anything. The game gives me a message that the real estate is full but it's not even close to full. Also, my anchors that are placed there fail. They get a cooldown but do not port me to the house. As I cannot move anything (to inventory or even to adjust placement) without getting the error message, my house is currently perma stuck as-is and my anchors are useless (and I can't remove or re-place them). For clarity, when I try to move something to inventory or adjust placement, I simply get a "Your real estate item request failed". When I try to place something new, I get a message that real estate is full (it's not). I noticed this roughly a week or so ago. The only things I have added to the house just before this became an issue are some port clicks from the new ogre heritage crate if it matters.

Something to note: I can still place things outside of the house (the yard). It's inside the house where everything is borked.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

There have been loads of issues with housing. Only real recourse is to petition.
  3. Jazrakhan New Member

Already done - it was suggested I post here as well.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Restart computer, run file verification in EQ patcher screen, is it just one character or can you try with an alt?
  5. Kedra Leafwalker Lorekeeper

Same thing recently happened to my guilds guildhall, they eventrually had to mail everything back to their owners and we ha to re-plant our guild hall and start from scratch filling it back up.
  6. Jazrakhan New Member

I've tried multiple machines and multiple toons. Any toon with an anchor in my house will get the same result (their click on cooldown and no port). All characters with house access/rights experience the same thing regarding being unable to move, remove, delete or re-place anything. As a result, any characters with anchors in my house (several of my friends) now have their anchors being held hostage in my bugged house. They don't work and they can't be removed. Good times.
  7. Jazrakhan New Member

That is concerning. I have spent a considerable amount of time arranging that house. Will the saved layouts work if I have to basically start over?
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can delete your save layout files and they rebuild instantly. In fact that may be what needs to be done. A few years ago this is what was used to fix another guild hall problem.

Stand in plot - Hit Shift + i and click the layout tab; delete ALL layouts for your character relating to that real estate zone (it'll have the zone's address attached to it) and all of the layouts that say "Auto (character name) (server name)"

Don't think of the layout like the UI where you will have to put everything in its place again. It rebuilds when you zone out and back in.

If your still leery about losing placement then just delete any layouts with character name that newer than when this started so hopefully an older dated layout will fix it

I think part of what we did to fix it then was to also have someone mail the items to the owners but that was a huge undertaking. Have you tried mailing the items back to your friends? Doing from another character not they themselves picking it up

Just as a precaution since you are having issues with this then you may want to do an /outputfile guildhall or /outputfile realestate in case you need the devs to replace anything that gets lost.
  9. Jazrakhan New Member

6/3 Petition response was that CS cannot solve the problem and they reported the issue to QA and Dev and there is no ETA. The CS ticket is marked closed/solved...

I did mess around with removing all saved layouts (I tossed them in a different folder on my PC just in case - including the most recently manually saved versions along with a /output realestate file. This action didn't change anything.

I CAN still interact normally with items placed/stored in the yard (outside of the house); adding items, moving items to inventory or readjusting placement - including the house itself.

From inside or outside the house, I cannot move anything from the house interior to inventory ("Your real estate item request failed") and I can't mail anything to owners (it just fails with no messaging).

Inside the house, all remains the same. I cannot move items to inventory or adjust placement ("Your real estate item request failed"). I cannot place anything new ("You cannot add this item because the real estate is full"). Item ownership has no bearing on the action - it's all the same result.

Placed port items still work when porting out from within the house. Ports TO the house interior like anchors and doors between houses fail. The anchor gets a cooldown but fails to port the character.

Whatever is causing the game to think the real estate is full seems to be the root of the problem. As CS can't help, I'm not sure how to solve for it other than to wait.

It really sucks not being able to port to my house which is set up like a port hub with a bunch of peaceable port clicks. Also, all my friends with anchors there have the same issue and they can't get their anchors out (nor can I mail them out). So on top of my housing issue, my friends and I are essentially down one anchor as well.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Try doing /outputfile realestate and see if the list matches.
    Then if nothing else works maybe you could abandon the house so it sends you your stuff in a box then you could rebuy the plot.
  11. Kedra Leafwalker Lorekeeper

They should, as it worked for me as I tend to back up my layouts about once a month.
  12. Jazrakhan New Member

The file matches.

Not sure I can abandon - it's a Bixie house with zero upkeep costs. I did try the 'move out' option, but that fails with this message: "Your attempt to sell this plot failed because the plot does not contain a placed crate with enough available space to hold the plot's items", even though there is an empty fearslayer storage crate (500 slots) sitting in the house itself. Yet, the 'pack' and 'unpack' buttons aren't even options - they are greyed out.

The stats reported on the Plot Items screen are as follows:

Yard:
    33/120
    0/0 vault
    0/6 pets

House:
    498/600
    72/300 vault

Crate:
    0/500
    0/100 vault

Because I can interact with yard items, I put everything in the yard but the house itself in inventory to ensure a total of 498 total plot items (my understanding is 'vault' items are part of the total (e.g., of the 498 total, 72 are vault items) and tried the 'move out' that way but get the same message that there isn't a crate large enough for all plot items despite that 500 slot empty crate sitting in the house. If vault items are additive to total house items, then there is no crate large enough. And since I can't get anything out of the house, I have no way to reduce item count further.

I CAN drop the whole house in inventory and drop it on another plot but it's bugged just the same wherever it lands.
  13. Jazrakhan New Member

confirmed layouts work (at least the manually saved ones).

If ever I get the house unbugged, it seems I'll be able to restore the layout.
  14. Jazrakhan New Member

As of the 6/15/2022 patch and server reset this issue resolved itself.