Enchanter AEs stunt spells used to swarm zones creating problems with other players.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by david negron, Jun 10, 2022.

1. david negron Lorekeeper

Players still using enchanters AE stun spell to swarm zones. They swarm zones killing everything. For example, lower guk life side. Then , those players choose a new pick and clear zone again. Something most be done to stop this problem. Got trained by trains of mobs from those power level groups. Thank you.
  2. Gnothappening Augur

Another forum warrior calling for nerfs. You guys do this every time we have a new TLP. There is a pattern to it as well. First there is one post that barely mentions what it is you guys want nerfed. Then over the next month there will be multiple posts started from random forum people, many of them new, telling imaginary stories about some bad thing that happened to them. All with the goal of reaching a nerf they want.

IF you were actually trained, there is an easy fix. Turn on screen recording. When they train you, report them. Get them banned. It is that easy. DPG does ban people for training.

Also, anecdotal but I haven't been trained by anyone doing AOE and I live in Guk. I HAVE been trained by some level 50's pulling for their lower level friends.
  3. Oldeqplayer Journeyman

Seems like swarming zones and pick hoping would be against rules of zone disruption or monopolization, not sure if the fact they do it for Krono have any place in that argument.
  4. david negron Lorekeeper

Players shouldn't be pulling trains of mobs in zones and killing them all easily (rare included). That make a joke about years of developers work trying to balance classes so game can be challenging. Problems caused by players swarming the zone using AE enchanter abilities are: training other players playing on these zones, monopolization of zones, players paying for power leveling with players AFK unattended game, and loot exploitations.
    This problem is not about petitions but a game tunning to fix character's ability exploitation. Thank You.
  5. Ecko Elder

Saw N.W.A in Sol B on Vaniki the other day spamming stuns, was quite amusing!
  6. Rhythar Augur

I'd prefer to see GMs actually enforce zone disruption, but modifying AOE stuns can be an easy way to significantly reduce the problem.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

You are playing the wrong game. EQ hasn't had a lot of challenge to it at the group level in a long time. There is a reason they had to add MOTM to raid mobs and make them take 30% less damage. Players are just overbalanced and there is only so much they can do to fix it.

As for tuning the game, you are upset because some people play differently than you do and might kill a few mobs an hour more than you can. But that isn't a reason to make up stories. Nobody is monopolizing Guk. There are so many picks and so many camps taken, that there is no way a single group could monopolize the zone and not get reported.

If a person is training you, again, record it and get them banned. That is all you have to do and everyone will be on your side. Quit calling for nerfs to classes.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Xhartor Augur

If you want challenge in EQ, don't play the early eras. The further you get into the game the more challenging stuff gets in general.
    As for AEing, there has some been nerfs to this.
    Stuff leash a lot easier now then it use to, so it's harder to massive packs.
    All an enchanter AE stuns share a recast timer now, so it take multiple enchanters to stunlock a pack of mobs. This killed off pick up groups, however the people selling PLing just added more enchanter boxes.

No one has ever gotten in trouble for adding 56+ level on to someone else AE pull. When you are pulling that way, any GM is going to laugh at the claim that AEer was trained.

The tactic does also go away, the 65+ stuns aren't viable for stun locking.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. BearBuddy New Member

Oh, so elitist jerks like you are why Enchanters are suffering rn. How about you go back to P99 where you belong? Anytime ANYONE calls for nerfs or "Wah, ban this player because I can't do what they do without serious investment" seriously ruin it for everyone else.

It's also super SUPER easy to not get "trained" by people "pulling" mobs.

EQ hasn't been difficult for years, and there's nothing wrong with what they're doing :I. Also, they probably had like 6x enchanters to do that. Before, normal guilds/groups with enough enchanters and an AOE'er could legit do it. Now people running 12boxes are the only ones who can do it thanks to crybabies like you man.

Stop calling for nerfs. You ruin the game for everyone else.
  10. TLP Addict Augur

I think we need to remove Enchanters from the game until we can figure out what's going on.
    Skuz, TheAgenda and Metanis like this.
  11. Gnothappening Augur

That is the goal they are going for. Just remove enchanters and make a pack in the store that is named ENCHANTER PACK, let it have a 10 stack of haste and mana regen potions.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. LoLitsNeal Journeyman

Anyone defending the fact that it is incredibly disruptive that Enchanters stun hits too many targets either doesn't understand how disruptive this gameplay truly is, or is an abuser themselves.

There is literally no reason an Enchanter stun needs to hit more than 5-8 targets. Any normal Enchanter would not care about this type of "nerf" at all.
    Rhythar likes this.
  13. Trevor Elder

yeah just keep driving more people to project1999 with nerfs
    Elskidor, Gnothappening and Skuz like this.
  14. Krizem Augur

You are in for a treat once Kunark hits and the afk aoe groups try to pull everything except the Juggs in Seb. They really stretch those skills.
  15. Gnothappening Augur

They don't care. If people won't play exactly like they tell them to and approve of, they would rather the game die.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

What is the max number of mobs in any raid that are expected to be stun locked?

Whatever that number is, set the stun spells to be limited to that many targets and that way you do not harm raiding while making stun lock ae riskier for the really big pulls AE stun lock groups use.

The downside is that designers need to bear that limit in mind for any future raids and if anything a target limit opens up design headroom some.

The last fix didn't resolve the complaint anyway it just made it more of a pain for single groups.
  17. Gnothappening Augur

I'm still trying to figure out what the problem is. Some people aoe in zones like The Deep. A zone people only visit to grab some tradeskill mats and a shrink wand. If they aoe in other zones and they train you, report them.

I think that the real issue is someone sees players getting more exp per hour than they get and it upsets them. Why can't I get that much exp per hour?

Funny thing is. I watched a regular group abuse pathing in a zone and pull the entire zone. They killed it without using a single enchanter. The mobs were actually too high a level to be stunned in era. They picked and did it again. There was also zero chance of death (assuming nobody went link dead) because the mobs couldn't get to the person.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

There are raids where you need to stun more than 5 targets at once so there literally are reasons to have it hit more than 5.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Pathing abuse IS an exploit you can get reported & banned for, which is quite different to using a legitimate spell for what it was designed to do.

Once upon a time this was just "emergent gameplay" but unless, like with the pathing thing, it is considered to circumvent correct "spirit of the game" gameplay it should be fair game.

Target limitations on spells are a good idea generally in preventing abuses, or with Enchanter stun "perceived abuses".

Some people maybe see themselves as "behaviour police" but they often get zealous about behaviours that are not necessarily in contravention of the design of the game or the designers intentions, it's a few specific scenarios where a judgement call is made, and players do not always get that right, sometimes the devs don't either, and sometimes they just "don't like it" because they themselves can't do it.
  20. Gnothappening Augur

I think that is what it really comes down to. The same with boxing. People who can't spend $200 and get 5 more computers are upset that other people can.

Overall I think it is less about them enjoying the game and more about them controlling how others enjoy the game. Jealously is strong in some people.
    TheStugots and Skuz like this.