Mischief - Veeshans Peak 2.0 doesn't appear randomized

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by khariste, Jun 11, 2022.

1. khariste New Member

Did a quick run today hitting up the 2 unlocked dragons in VP 2.0 and they didn't appear to be either randomized or dropping any extra loot.
  2. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

I tried for multiple expansions and through multiple attempts and bug reports to get revamped zones to be randomized for Mischief but it was continuously forgotten or put aside. It's no surprise that VP 2.0 is no different.
  3. Stymie Pendragon

Did they ever say how far they were going to go, as far as the random loot is concerned? Since TLPs tend to drop off when the new ones release, I'm curious when they will stop working on it.
  4. Brildon Augur

in theory til we reach live, though the devs may need to get reminded at times, i wouldnt be surprised if we hit an xpack where they forget to do it until we ask, since from my understanding they are setting up the loot tables as we go
  5. Zanarnar Augur

Just add it to the list with CT 2.0, SolC, Veksar, normal LDoNs, the list goes on.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They never said how far they were going but they also never said that they would be stopping at a certain point. As it is a random loot server one would expect every expansion to be randomized until such point they decide to merge it into FV. Personally I hope this server will have a strong population when it reaches live and they will leave it up and running as a random loot server for all future expansions.
    Brildon likes this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Their resistance to changing "core rule sets" would imply it will go until it hits live, however after a certain point where raids become very clearly tier based it seems likely it will become alot easier to organize pools.
  8. Brildon Augur

Seems unlikely, if it does manage a core population too large to merge into FV, it might stay standalone, but hard to see it keeping its random loot, or for that matter its extra loot drop.

If it lost the double-triple loot but retained the random, would it still be worth it? Also FV has the 1.5 xp modifier, would Mischief also gain that as a standalone server i wonder, or maybe they wouldnt but retain the increased loot hmm. We are still years away though so doubtful even the devs have given it much thought at this point
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If the population is still large enough to stand on its own it would be an indication that the server rules are popular and worth keeping around. Generally when a TLP reaches live status the population is fairly low and it is easy to merge into a server. If that is not the case it is in indication that the loot rules might be worth keeping around. Of course all this will depend on how well the server is doing when it reaches live expansions.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And some of the more recent expansions with a single tier would be just a single loot pool.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  11. Brildon Augur

It's all speculation til we get there, but there are other factors to consider on how that might adversely affect the other live servers. If Mischief was a live server with the current rules intact, the advantage you'd have in gearing over the other servers would be immense, so could see some guilds from other live servers transfer over to Mischief for that advantage, also live guilds on other servers would likely be quite disgruntled about the advantage as well

this is in reference to the extra loot drop, not so much as the random part
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Are they disgruntled about the bonus xp on FV? or the free trade? Don't live guilds end up rotting/alting their raid drops by the time 1 year is up and the next expac is out?

If mischief maintains a standalone population by live (big if, no TLP to date has done it) it will still be a prison server that can't transfer to Xegony or Bristle or w/e.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Correct it is speculation which is why I have stated that if the population is strong enough to support it I hope they leave it as it is. As far as the advantage I am not sure that would matter as much as you are thinking it will. Guilds are dropping the raids as they unlock without much of a need for gearing up and as the focus seems to be on ore drops I don't see it changing much. Since ore drops are a fixed amount on every raid they are unlikely to be impacted by any of the random loot changes and will drop just like they would on a normal server.
  14. MischiefTLP Augur

Mischief might get the 2026 expansion at the same time as Live servers, a lot of things can change by then but under the current model it would cause angst if one server was getting bonus loot from raid events that weren't even released yet.

TDS is the only expansion I know of with random loot raid events, turning every raid into Captain Tita/Praetor Vitio loot is pretty trivial and on the group side it eliminates the one group in zone so your options are leave or DPS race because nothing in the zone is relevant to raiders other than one aug.
  15. Stymie Pendragon

In the past they've mentioned using a shared database between live and TLPs. That link prevents them from making certain changes on individual servers, but this particular ruleset seems like it would need to be separated from the rest.

Has anyone heard anything about how they're handling special servers at the database level? My understanding is that it can effect patching due to multiple revisions and such.