Can someone explain DZ's to me please?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JustAnotherOpinion, Jun 10, 2022.

1. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I visited a Plane of Hate DZ a week ago (Yelinak).
    I was invited to a random Hate DZ this week to loot my Ranger BP.
    My Replay timer says 30 minutes left.
    My Loot Lockout says 6 days 8 hours.
    I went into the Hate DZ and couldn't loot the item.

"You are not allowed to loot that item."
    "You may not loot that item from this corpse."

Am I banned from a Hate DZ for two weeks? I thought that Guilds raid Hate every week in DZ's.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

A DZ is a Dynamic Zone. Basically, an instance, but it is a specific kind of instance.

Replay timers are lockouts that prevent you from repeating a task for a specified time. They are assigned when a task is completed and normally range from 30m-1h for solo tasks, 6-24h for group tasks and 24h+ for raid tasks.

Request timers are lockouts that prevent you from starting a task for a specified time, but they do not prevent you from being added to an existing task. They are mainly used for tasks that spawn DZs to prevent players from churning tasks trying to spawn rares and spinning up dozens and dozens of DZs. They are sometimes used when there are tasks that are "linked" and they don't want you to request multiples at the same time. They normally range from 1-15m though they can be longer.

Replay Lockouts were added to the DZ window for Agent of Change instances. They prevent you from requesting or joining a DZ until the timer expires. They used to have 7d timers, but this was recently changed. Unlike Replay timers for tasks, they are assigned when a DZ is requested, not when it is completed, and they now function more like request timers than replay timers.

Loot Lockouts are lockouts that prevent you from looting non-Raid NPCs while in a DZ. It does not affect Raid Bosses, nor does it prevent you from participating in a DZ. It only affects looting non-Raid NPCs. They are assigned after killing any non-Raid NPC in a DZ, and the intention is to prevent repeated farming of non-Raid NPCs which give exp and/or drop their own unique loot. Loot lockouts are tied to a specific instance: If you spawn an instance and kill an NPC and are given a Loot Lockout, you can still loot within that specific instance. However, if you drop the instance and request another of that instance, you will not be able to loot from that one.
    Stymie likes this.
  3. Xhartor Augur

Keep in mind the purpose of DZ is to give everyone access to raid content that is on a multi-day respawn timer in OW.

Not to be a private instance for farming hate/fear armor.
  4. Oldeqplayer Journeyman

If you have the same loot lockout (just general trash or killed identical bosses) then you could come in and progress with the person who invited you.

Many boxers do this farming instances for epic drops and such, they fill a group with 1 online account and 5 offline members and go in and try to farm drops for an epic piece off non named, then they can repeat that same DZ or enter a new one for as many other accounts they have or friends spinning one up - as long as the person spins that up without the main character already in group ... Person has to kill 1 mob to get the loot lockout, then you can be invited on your main to solo another instance ... Rinse and repeat with as many other accounts you have or friends that will spin one up for you.

If your main killed a named like Drusilla in howling stones then your box or friends that spun up the DZ would need to as well to match the loot lockouts. So if farming the SK epic piece, best is to have a class that can get by her if she spawns (SKs can easily split that room and then run past to more golems).

This is also how raids can split some bosses and recombine raids for the harder ones. Been this way for many years.