Can you reset AA's?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by dubz, Sep 12, 2019.

1. dubz New Member

I checked auto-grant by accident and not sure how to start back and 0 and reallocate the points. Is it possible?
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Just curious if you're wanting that extra challenge or if you aren't sure how auto-grant works here...

Auto grant maxes your AA in most categories automatically. You wouldn't be able to add more AA to most of them.

To your question: no. You cannot go back.
  3. SunDrake Augur

Auto grant would not function as a refund of however many AAs you were granted. You don't get ___ number and choose where to put them. It's a set of abilities that will check off and grant based on your level and what era auto grant is enabled on your server.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The only ones auto grant did not give you are for the tradeskills. Those you have to earn anyway. You would not be able to allocate your AA better than what auto grant did because it covered all that you were eligible for.

The auto grant filled up all the possible spots for your level and class/race and expansions.

If you uncheck the box now then you can start earning AA to spend as you like.

However if you leave it checked then each level you will be Automatically granted all AA for that level.
    Annastasya likes this.
  5. dubz New Member

Thanks , I'm a returning player and wasn't sure how it worked. You've answered all of my questions plus more .

Thanks
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

99% of us in the forum are more than happy to help with questions or solve issues. WB!:)
    dubz likes this.
  7. Korwiin Journeyman

Also a returning player, from 2004 (a bit dusty). I had earned 690ish AA, most allocated, with a 130 or so not spent yet. I assume then, that its a BIG mistake to spend those points on anything BUT tradeskills before enabling autogrant?

If so, I may have made a huge error, learning about auto-grant too late. :(
  8. Kegwell Lurker since '99

You can bank 2x your level in AA.
    Autogrant will only give up to 2 expansions behind.
    Tradeskill AA are useless if you aren't a tradeskiller.
    You might want to think about the most used or most important to your playstyle and max those to current era.
    Setting your experience to 97% regular will earn you a free 5% AA experience due to rounding while leveling. Set your experience to 3% regular and earn a free 5% to regular while grinding AA.
    Korwiin and code-zero like this.
  9. shoehorn Journeyman

97% regular xp and 3% AA xp?
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You're probably thinking of F2P expacs, which is 2 (well, closer to 2.5).
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

Autogrant requires an active sub. You are capped on AA without a sub at I believe 1000.

Autogrant is automatic based on the "category" column in the AA window.

You are not granted any AA that is not an expansion name (Tradeskill, racial innate, etc)

The current Autogrant expansion is Ring of Scale. Ring of Scale and any expansion made before Ring of Scale will be given automatically when you are the appropriate level (the 1st level you can buy it, which is the tab on the right of the 2 description tabs on the bottom of the AA window).

The Burning Lands and any expansion after it is not autogranted (yet).

TBL AA start at 106, ROS AA end at 110. This means that your XP slider should be 0% to AA until you are a minimum of level 106, but you should probably leave it at 0% until 110.

If you reach your AA BANKed cap (which is your level*2 in increments of 5) from quest rewards, Tradeskills, forage, etc are a good placed to spend those capped AA.

TBL will likely be autogranted when the next expansion launches, meaning you may want to avoid buying TBL AA unless you are leveling very quickly, but I'd say keep leveling through 115 unless you need to buy certain TBL AA.

What I did starting in about august last year was, I stopped spreading around AA, instead I bought single AA lines, for the sake of discussion will say Natural durability. Instead of buying something from ROS which may soon be autogranted (it was autogranted), I instead bought Natural Durability to the highest rank I could buy. Then I picked another line and worked on that. I received a few thousand AA for free a few months later. If I had been buying those RoS AA, i would have instead missed out on the TBL AA I had bought instead. It was a good investment to do it the way I did it. Just a tip for when the new expansion is approaching. In a few months, I'll stop buying anything that says TBL in the category tab, unless I have nothing else to buy.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No, you didn't make any errors.

Caps are 250 for F2P and 1000 for a Silver account and your account sounds like a Silver since you mentioned you are a returning player.

You can pay a month and turn on auto grant which will give you all AA for that level and allow you to earn/spend more but only for that month. Then when you go back to F2P or Silver you will keep all those you got granted or earned during the time paid.But you cannot earn anymore cause your over the cap.

You can say, pay at level 85 and do auto grant and then go back to non paying and then say at level 100 you pay again for a month and then you will get the AA between what you last had and that new level. Again you will keep all those AA too.

So you will be far over the level cap allowed with F2P and Silver just from paying once, or twice or how many ever times you do that.

Its usually about 3000 AA awarded during a level but that depends on your class. And they are awarded all at once if you auto grant. That's a lot of AA to wade thru.

For the nit pickers when it is mentioned about getting all the AA it does not mean 100% but only those you can get for your level and expansions minus the ones not allocated or allowed during auto grant
  13. Zanarnar Augur

I'm not 100% sure this is true any more but yes; use the /alt command to set it since the slider won't let you.

/alt on 3
    or
    /alt on 97

depending on if you want normal or AA xp. I've done this for years.. does it help? again I just can't tell heh
  14. shoehorn Journeyman

Alt = AA xp?
  15. Zanarnar Augur

Correct.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's a pretty high number, I don't think any classes get up to 3000 for a single level (and certainly not for anything auto-grantable).

As you say, classes can vary, but here are the totals for Druids. This is per expac, so (roughly) divide by 5 for a per level estimate:

TDS: 2712 total AAs
    TBM: 1216 total AAs
    EoK: 11,658 total AAs (addition of focus AAs in this expac really added to the total, along with more tradeskill AAs, which aren't auto-grantable. Without tradeskill AAs, this total is ~7800)
    RoS: 5547 total AAs

TBL: 3840
    ToV: 8525
    CoV: 5885
    ToL: 9560
  17. code-zero Augur

At one time there was a huge bonus on your first AA's earned, something like 10x starting with 0 and people would leverage that on PL'd characters so that they could purchase AA from later expansions before doing their auto grant. If you managed to PL a character to 120 the you'd earn AA up till your first spend at 10 to 1.

Not sure that anyone really bothers doing that anymore though or if it's even a thing that you could do
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The bonus was that at zero AA points, you get a 10x xp bonus on all AA xp, gradually decreasing until ~4000 AA points and then it would go back to the base rate.

Its still there. Just everyone auto grants so they don't pay attention to it
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

It does not but it used to. Once the changed the XP to three decimals, it stopped working. (or really stopped being bugged/exploitable).

It worked before because it would automatically bump bump the remainders up. So 101 XP time .97 = 97.97, which would round to 98 XP gained. Likewise 101 times .03 = 3.03 which would round to 3% XP.

However, 102 XP would yield 3.06 which would round up to 4 and 97% would round up to 99.

I'm not sure where 5% came from.. maybe that's just how things averaged out, but it had to do with the backend coding and the variable limits.