Spell Spamming in PoK

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Nightmares, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Nightmares Augur

So On Rathe there is a group that is spell spamming bard songs, they have not moved in over a week. It's lagging people down and I'm sure the system, with 7+ bards spamming melody in full groups to get tons of spell spam. I'm sure we can filter it out, but for those of us that are bards, this really isn't an option. These toons are max level standing around just spamming. I can't imagine any of them needing skill practice after this long of afk there.
    There have been numberous complaints about them in general chat, They could've been doing this in a guild hall ( none of them are guilded, figure it's same player as how they are all ornamented out) I'm pretty sure this was their intent, to irritate and hinder others.
    Nennius, Talim and Thunderkiks like this.
  2. Talim New Member

I've noticed this too and the spam has been irritating, and it is seeming to cause lag issues for players, especially while trying to work on trade skill combines in that area. I have seen that group of bards sitting in the same spot in the Plane of Knowledge for at least a week (maybe more), and it's right in the area where players are working on trade skills near the small bank, so they most certainly could be doing this somewhere else.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

I wish ignore would cause all messages from the player you put on ignore to be unseen. And if there is a way, I would love to know about it.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I don't know if this will help but here is what I did when players kept popping the Jester in the lobby. How is this related you ask?

Since spells don't count down in the lobby and the Jester is basically a spell then that meant he would be up until the player that popped him left the lobby. And he spams....jokes etc over and over and over.

I posted on the forums and was disparaged by other well known posters that everyone had a right to pop the jester where they wanted to and I was in the wrong.

I made my chat screen large with of all the jester spam that would fit and took a screen shot. It showed continuous spam from the Jester for well over 30 minutes. Minute after minute. I filed the report/petition citing disruption of game play and attached the copy of the spam casting.

Within 3 days the Jester was fixed so he only lasts 15 minutes in the lobby now. Although those same posters then insisted he never lasted longer than that anyway. /shrug - I had screen shots showing different.

So make a window showing the spam and file a petition for disruption of gameplay.

Edit - you want to turn on your time stamps so those show in the screen shot
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Ythera Augur

If you have a cleric, just hit them with bestow divine aura to shut them up and if they’re not at the keys, they won’t start singing again.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Oooo Nice idea. Paladins have Bestow Divine Aura too.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

And bard flutes, so I am told.
  8. Nightmares Augur

So did that, and today the toons still haven't moved an inch, but are playing songs again. Obviously with the purpose of disruptive play being the motive. Others have started doing it too to them. GMs, where are you? /taps finger on the tabletop repeatedly.
    Nennius likes this.
  9. Symphony New Member

They are all members of Black Fortress guild. as far as I've seen, about the only members. but then again they are all /anon. yeah haven't seen them move, or at least move much for a few weeks now. though some have moved to be overlapping the merchants to make it harder to click target them. You can still /tar name them though.
  10. Loup Garou De loop de loop

When did you file the petition? Did you copy the spam in chat like the guy above you said he did?
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

lol
    " spell spamming bard songs..."

that is called /melody.
    Perfectly normal. Nothing wrong with it.

Actually, Bard's play their /melody to build skill as a spell caster would cast over and over.

Now a week? just seems like normal game play mechanics. A GM could boot them off if it got '' laggy ? ''.

You have settings to turn down graphics of spells / songs/ effects. ALT +O

Meanie!
    Anti Bard you!

This is a far fetched conclusion don't you think?:
    "Obviously with the purpose of disruptive play being the motive"

"GMs, where are you? /taps finger on the tabletop repeatedly."

Why should a GM get involved?
    Because it is /melody. It is normal game play of the class. Bards are special like that. They can even ' cast ' play their melody and change it on the fly.. moving.

There are several things here.. Maybe the Bard wants to be kind and play an AE mana song and just hits the /melody button that plays more then one song.

Maybe it is a program to auto play the /melody command

Maybe it is the Bard afking after doing his / her daily and the /melody still going while waiting for timer to tick down to repeat the only thing they do in the game..

Honestly, this thread is pointless, it is normal Bard game play.

Adjust settings .

I don't mean to sound rude, but your picking on normal class play.
    It is what Bards do :D

This is a RANT not player support .. if you want player support ask how to adjust your particals so you don't see the songs play, and how to use filters in your windows.