DEV: Toxicity of Ancient Cyclops Camp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arugula, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Camp will be completely dead in a few weeks, not an issue worth any dev time addressing whatsoever.
  2. Komodon Augur

In all fairness here *this* toxicity instance in particular is pretty heavily driven by 3rd party program use that is "supposed" to be against the rules. So there is also the fact that there is literally zero effort made on the staff end to police that in what is probably also one the few realistic scenario examples where any extended invisible GM effort at observing such rule breaks for even a short period of time could safely conclude the use of such programs with a rather safe degree of absolute certainty.

If Daybreak, ya know....wanted to take even the smallest stand they could reasonably could against that 3rd party program and crack down on that said toxicity behavior in OOT. Since 90%+ of those people and their toxic behavior would realistically go away immediately without either the ability to instantly know where/when it pops on the island, or in the event there was any actual risk in more easily exposing their 3rd party program use there.

Barring that happening, the loot lock to killing group server on no drop items that probably would of been a fresher classic era TLP run idea then this year's Yelinak server might be a good idea hook aimed at the masses for next year.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  3. Stymie Pendragon

Noone is asking the important question! Why'd you leave the ketchup on the table?!!!
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Keys upon the table, not ketchup, but that was from "Chop Suey" not "Toxicity" :p

Time for that hearing-aid.
    Stymie likes this.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

Yes
  6. MileyVyrus Elder

SoW potions are 20pp. let us know where we can parcel to your gofundme for the under-talented.
  7. Moonguider New Member

Well, the toxicity of this server has finally done it. Don't know what happened between the last TLP I did and this one, but it seems the wild west everyone for themself group is about all that's left of these servers. Wish Daybreak would put PnP back in and police things, but I guess the kronolords finally won.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

What was your previous TLP?
  9. rangerous Elder

I like large doses of toxicity with my AC spawns. Can't be the only one.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

never going to happen, no, a thousand times no daves say regarding personal instances as spinning up too many instances is detrimental to server stability (LAG).

Nope.
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The AC in Ro- "USED TO" have a distinct placeholder.

The skeleton that was the correct PH had a -capital initial-, so was easy to isolate and for knowledgeable players made an easy bypass to this toxicity.

Then one day a certain dev heard about it in our guild chat, commented on it, and like a week later it was changed.

Now every new TLP suffers from this advanced toxicity.

The answer is, restore the capital initial to the PH like it had for 20 years. It's a lore drop so farmers can't really just keep killing over and over and still be able to loot it, so they tend to get theirs and leave.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Once more players learn what the "correct" PH is the toxicity will return and in fact be much worse. If people know that they have to just kill a single mob that means there is much less for them to focus on and they can focus everything on killing that single one.
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Nah, didn't happen for 20 years.
  14. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

and it was like spawning Quillmane, you had to kill alll of the potential PHs for the PH, and once it was the only mob you were killing, would be controllable, but only if you were the only one killing in zone. If other players killed potential other mobs in the round, Isolation timer gets lost.

It's interesting how quickly you jumped on this and made false claims.

For experienced players, spawning these types of mobs is easier than for the uninitiated. Removing the capital letter Ro spawn just favors the RMTers in OOT.

On all previous servers I used to camp it and give them away in /guid and General once I had mine. Now the only people who can do this are warping and killing every potential PH in zone, which is (/sarcasm) MUCH healthier for the game.

BTW The dev in question no longer works for EQ, they are over at WoW now. In EQ this dev used Macaroni quest, raided in server 1st raid guilds and was RMTing on the side. This dev hated players who weren't bleeding edge raiders and is currently in "Elitist Jerks" in WoW and even brags about this.
  15. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

and certain people always seem to be the nay sayers at anything that lessens it's use. They are also lighning fast to pop up and shout down any offered solutions, yet always have a server 1st raidguild in their sig line <and> sock puppet like their own posts.

Cos they lose actual money.
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Pretty sure the lowercase "a dervish cutthroat" is still the unique NPC in sro for AC
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Lets look at your previous post

As you mention it only was useful if you knew about it and it sounds like not many people knew about it. However it is something that people would know about if it got changed back and people would be able to lock down the PH with fewer problems. Just because something didn't happen in the past doesn't mean that it won't happen now as the game has changed and people are less likely to respect camps now then they did in the past.
  18. Genjo Lorekeeper

Scarcity is part of the draw of everquest. Making things "hard" to get is part of the draw of the rarity of the item.

Posts where we make it so everyperson can get it, loses the point of creating demand for items. I would be more onboard with finding other locations to spawn the ancient cyclops or a longer collection quest to avoid the cyclops.

Example - Dwarf X, got lucky and ancient ring was left down to him by his uncle great adv Y. He wants to try food from the different cultures of Norrath. Please find him dishes from all the races and he will give you the anicent ring. (Quest should take a bit to travel around, no pre-farm)

This would make it easier to obtain if camped but not simple.
  19. HappyPanda Augur

Yeah...at least there are definitely no longer any devs who raid with world first raiders, share inside information with their guild, and ban people from competing guilds for personal reasons.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

JBoots don't need a scarcity component in order for them to be desirable and in fact more people would be trying to get them if it was made easier.