Enchanter Bewildering Wave

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Randel Flag, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Randel Flag Elder

Enchanter Bewildering Wave not being cured by cleric AAs when she mezes her self?

I use Radiant Cure and Group Purify soul to remove mez when she mezzes herself and it stopped working for me a few days ago, even if I target her to cast them.

Edit: had someone test with RK 1 wave and it cured for them but seems when i got RK 2 it started?
  2. Randel Flag Elder

Friend upgraded to rk2 for testing with same result, not getting cured now.
  3. Randel Flag Elder

Seems to be the same for RK 3, can't cure.
  4. Duder Augur

To sum it up for devs:

Bewildering Wave spell curable with standard methods of curing mez as normal.
    Bewildering Wave Rk. II spell INCURABLE by any methods, means, tools, abilities, etc.
    Bewildering Wave Rk. III spell INCURABLE by any methods, means, or tools, abilities, etc.

It is a bug that Rk. II and Rk. III are incurable. What’s worse is we are six month into the expansion and it is unlikely to be fixed before the next level cap along with the next iteration of the spell is introduced. And with how they are you can guarantee that that version will be bugged in the exact same manner (if they were to fix this version before the next 2 xpacs) since they seem to often fix bugs locally and not globally in their spreadsheet templates.

However, to clarify, your cleric, are you Radiant Cure and Purify Soul AA lines completely maxed? I’d the account gold? (Though it shouldn’t matter whether it is or not). I have a 115 enc, if I remember I’ll go test and see if they retroactively broke the precursor versions.
  5. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Same bug with druids and their aoe ro debuff since the patch that changed it recently, if they’re too close and hit themselves it will not clear with radiant or anything else. Another bug with dispels like eradicate magic since same patch, probably related.
  6. Tour Augur

Tested today:
    BW rnk 2 not cured with max AA clr RC, PS, GPS, 2.0 in static zone up since server up nor GH (I'm sure nearly same uptime).

However, cured with RC, GPS in instance, spun up few minutes ago.

Given May 19th update:
    "*** Spells ***
    - Corrected an issue where beneficial dispel and certain detrimental dispel effects (such as Splash of Repentance) did not remove any buffs/debuffs.*"

I think you need to specify if this was in zone spun up before or after above hot fix. Seems fine.
    Thunderkiks and Sancus like this.