PL Spam & Roadmap Anti-Cheat

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ConcernedCitizen, May 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConcernedCitizen New Member

There's been plenty of posts on these forums about the crackdown on third party programs but has there been any discussion on the "random" (heavy emphasis) enforcement of these? How can certain people spam PL services on multiple servers every 35 minutes on the dot (picture below) with no repercussions?

[IMG]
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Report them via a petition. The GMs will investigate.

Obviously, Daybreak lets people create accounts for free. Suspensions and bans will sting on their high level characters. Not so much on their low level burner accounts.

Edit: My comment assumes the person is advertising services for cash (based on the OP's reaction to anti-cheats). If it is trading services for platinum or Krono, then it is allowed but more of a nuisance. GMs can still act on spam.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

I dont like it either, but you wont get anyone banned for selling powerlevels nor for advertising it once every 35. Nor for selling TA's or mission chests. Nor for kronos.
  4. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Wow, I forgot what those looked like. I lean heavy on my /ignore feature:D

Since they are 30 minutes apart then it looks like players yelled at him for posting so often and told him anything less than 30 minutes is spam so he is going 30 minutes.

Up to you dude, you can /ignore, /report or stress yourself out on this and hug your stuffed Fippy darkpaw.
  5. Windance Augur

How in the heck can he be doing 350AA / hr ?

Maybe its 350AA at 85/90 ?
  6. ConcernedCitizen New Member

This particuar person has had his bots going 24/7 for (at least) the last 3 expansions. High profile area in Kael, then in Sleepers Tomb, now in Ka Vethan. Sathirs Tomb the whole time in RoS. Never misses a beat despite plenty of petitions (myself, others I know, people in general saying they have, etc). Really makes you wonder if it's a GM, somoene in cahoots with a GM, or if DBG just turns a blind eye because it drives Krono sales.
    Schadenfreude, Fenthen and ChiiChii like this.
  7. Takadin New Member

I play on 2 servers and it's the same person. Ignore works for the spam but this person has entire zones occupied and their PL services use about 10 toons per zone.

I know for certain this person has been reported multiple times.
    scaethach and Fenthen like this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Trading services, such as PLs, for Krono and platinum is allowed. Spam is enforceable conduct.

For better or worse, there's a presumption of innocence. If the individual is suspected for using automation software, the GMs require time to investigate. (This is probably balanced against expediency). Apparently, based on reports and reactions on the forums, disciplinary action can lag by a month or more.

It's also possible that the suspect was suspended for only 7 days and went back to what he was doing. If he is a proven repeat offender, should Daybreak consider perma-bans (and IP bans)? Absolutely.
    Wdor likes this.
  9. Evye Augur

This person is on many servers. They have been suspended before as I've missed their spam for 7 days before.
    Szilent and Benito like this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I'm of the opinion Daybreak wants to avoid bans that offend or turn away "customers."

I think Daybreak should start targeting and banning automators' tanks and healers. Make it costly (losing critical pieces of their crew) but give their other accounts some leeway (suspensions).
  11. Takadin New Member

So odd seeing you, the anti cheat white knight suggesting any sort of leniency.

Obviously the only thing thst makes sense is that this is you, and you have been advocating against other people to get them suspended to stay in business!
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I thought you wanted to end the suspected RMT'ers stay in the game? Why are you switching sides (or was this a ploy all along)?

I support bans for guilty repeat offenders. I've long advocated a 3-strike rule: 3 suspensions leads to a permanent ban.

I am proposing an alternative (because Daybreak seems to prefer 'slap on the wrist' suspensions): targeted bans on automators' tanks and healers. By banning their tanks and healers, it becomes very difficult for them to run their bot crew. After that, it becomes a matter of attrition (bans on new tanks and healers if they try to reroll and cheat).
  13. Tappin Augur

If you suspend all the average players using 3rd party programs, all you are left with is the bad ones. Oh well I guess.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The suspect is identified as using automation software which is not permitted.

What we need are permanent bans and not 'slap on the wrist' 7-day suspensions. It could be a 3-strike rule or targeted bans (automated tanks and healers get the ban hammer).
  15. Hitmehard New Member

No they won’t.

FV has had an RMT PLer like this that has operated openly for several years now 7 days a week. Reported countless times over the last several years and they are always there.
    Schadenfreude, Fenthen and Lucentio like this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Yes, some repeat offenders seem to return to their activities after their 7-day suspension.

Daybreak needs to issue permanent bans and not just the 'slap on the wrist' 7-day suspensions.

If Daybreak wants to give people the benefit of the doubt: institute a 3-strike rule or target key automated characters (tanks and healers) for bans.
  17. ConcernedCitizen New Member

And that is what this thread is about. DBG has put a line in the sand and is issuing automatic suspensions/bans to people sitting in the guild lobby, PoK, bazaar, etc while people like the subject PLer can openly flaunt the rules for YEARS with zero repercussions. A manual 30 second check would show that its automated gameplay. There are multiple people in here corroborating petitions. Nothing happens.
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Evye indicates that the individual in question seems to have served at least one 7-day suspension.

The problem seems to be the ineffectiveness of 7-day suspensions to deter bad behavior/bad actors. Daybreak needs to issue permanent bans.

If you cheat, your account is gone - forever.
  19. ConcernedCitizen New Member

What does a 7 day suspension do to someone who has 100+ accounts going 24/7? (I just ran through Sleepers Tomb and I counted 23 people with his guild tag in the zone so 100 is on the low end, I'm sure)? Are they really going to just say aw shucks and pack it up and quit their massively profitable RMT business?

Sure, "nothing" might not be the case in the most literal sense of the word but context is important
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Wobat New Member

This guy got a suspension several weeks ago. Every bot he had going (3 or 4 groups) in Ka Vethan just poofed and his PL customers all died.

He was back a couple hours later.

Banning his tanks/healers or your suggested 3 strikes and you're out solution wouldn't matter when you've got upwards of 100 accounts you can get any class you need from.
    Schadenfreude and Fenthen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.