[Vaniki] Kobold Quicksteel Orb in a pickzone?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Benito, May 27, 2022.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Has anyone had a Kobold Quicksteel Orb drop in a pick?

I haven't had any drops of the orb in picks albeit a small sample size. Does it only drop in the base zone?
  2. Captain Video Augur

I shouldn't think /pick would have anything to do with it. Item is on a shared loot table used by every boss and rare creature in the zone. How are you trying to farm it? I would use the very first chamber. All the rats are placeholders for Rufus, a level 3-4 rare who can drop it, and everything in that chamber respawns fast. Kill all the rats and bats you find there, and you should get at least 5 Rufus in an hour.

I find something vaguely sentimental in contemplating how the lowest-level rare creature in the game has something people actually want. :)
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Kahna Augur

There is nothing in game that only drops in a main pick. This is not a thing. If they do not want an item to drop in pick the mob is flagged as a raid mob and will not spawn at all in picks.
  4. Aziuno Augur

5. Inictus Elder

Skuz likes this.
  6. Captain Video Augur

Skuz likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Allakhazam is indeed outdated on this item era, it was changed.

And I can confirm that this item, as well as the other "rares" do all drop in /pickzones.