Any way to have the EQ client be in a miniaturized window like in the Windows alt-tab preview?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bernel, May 27, 2022.

1. Bernel Augur

When pressing alt-tab to switch between apps, Windows shows a smaller version of the application. It does the same with the EQ window. When you have multiple EQ clients, pressing alt-tab will show a miniaturized version of the EQ client. This is *not* a resized version of the window. Resizing the EQ client window will change the size of the outer border, but the inside components will be their normal size and just be squished together. The previews shown in alt-tab are are zoomed-out versions of the window where everything is proportionally made smaller. I would really like to have EQ in these kinds of miniaturized windows so I could have multiple clients fully visible on the same monitor. I could just click directly into the client rather than alt-tabbing to bring one to the front. Does anyone know if there's a way to have EQ just run in these miniaturized windows all the time? I'm sure there would be performance issues or whatever to deal with, but it would be great for those times when I'm repeatedly clicking between multiple clients.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

There is 3rd party software that delivers this functionality for a price.
    Bernel likes this.
  3. Bernel Augur

I'm assuming that's ISB? I'm not opposed to using 3rd party software, but I'm not sure I need all the functions of ISB. Anyone know of any 3rd party apps which just enable active thumbnails of Windows programs? I would think there would be many uses for such a utility aside from gaming. Or perhaps a Windows-native way to do it?
  4. FyrasDrinal Journeyman

What problem are you trying to solve? Is this to help identify which EQ session to alt-tab to?

I may have something that could help.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

I also would like what the op is asking.
  6. Bernel Augur

It's for times when I'm trying to do things with multiple characters at the same time, like buffing or adding to TAs. If I could actually see 2 or 3 windows on the screen at the same time, I could just go click-click-click between them without having to alt-tab-tab-tab to get the right one to the front. I don't really box when I'm adventuring, so I don't need a high-powered solution like ISB. Just something which gave me mini-EQ windows would make stuff like using my alts to buff my main more convenient.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

havent tried it but maybe tidytabs. looks free for personal use
  8. Tucoh Augur

Not to my knowledge. This is one of the major features of ISB and what I'd recommend you use. Despite the data being "right there!" when you alt-tab, managing EQ windows is actually a more difficult task than it sounds because of how it ties into DirectX.

I know you want them on one monitor, but I'd recommend another monitor or an ultra widescreen monitor. I have 5 characters on my 34" Ultrawidescreen Dell monitor without "zooming out" the windows and it works pretty well.