Convince me to play TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TEIOH, May 25, 2022.

1. Aenoan Augur

I love rogues so if I end up a tank for an full group of rogues its gonna be GG. Anyone that poo-poos a class doesn't deserve a spot in groups. I am thrilled you'll be playing one and more importantly something you'll probably really enjoy. I can't do long sessions well maybe more so when my spouse is away ;) but I'll be happy to duo or group with you on Yelinak if your there. I'll be rockin' a barb shaman. I really like the leveling experience on that side of the world.
    I decided to play a shaman I am excited at the prospect of if I can box later, I'd like to have a real shot at a ranger or necro.
  2. MMOer Augur

:D ;)
  3. TEIOH New Member

After careful consideration of the posts here (all appreciated by the way!), I have decided I will roll a Rogue with more relaxed intentions than previously, now that I know the leveling is a matter of days rather than weeks. See you guys in Blackburrow :D
    Ponter and Aenoan like this.
  4. MMOer Augur

First rule of TLP's

Do not brag about your P1999 character.

It is like bragging about being the top turd in the pile.
    Triconix likes this.
  5. Triconix Augur

huh? You won't even begin to acquire raid currency until VoA? It may get you an additional 1 item per expansion per currency type. That's not necessary at all.

On live in the current expansion there are 9 total raids, starting with 10 currency. That's 3-9 additional currency per week for the first 3 months. Then it goes to 18 I assume because the currency goes to 20 per raid. Then 6 months in 27. It would take you nearly half a year just to acquire one more raid item from currency. Even without the perk you can fully outfit your char in full raid gear through currency.
    TEIOH likes this.
  6. MMOer Augur

a bold move!
  7. Aenoan Augur

Agreed!
    Question is whats the best race for rogue?! When considering masks ofc. lol.
  8. TEIOH New Member

I will roll barbarian personally, and maybe switch to vah shir in luclin for aesthetics.

Anyone able to tell me how to claim my 40 slot bag in game when the TLP server comes up?
    Aenoan likes this.
  9. Citrus333 New Member

So many daybreak simps here. Daybreak doesn't care about the game, they over-monetize it and treat it like crap. The people saying, "All games have cash shops like this now" are missing the entire picture and as well NO THEY DON'T. Game SHOULDN'T have cash shops like this, it's scummy and bad for the game. Daybreak just feeds on the nostalgia and ignorance of players who have been playing the same game for 20 years and don't know any better, the comments here only prove that.
  10. TheAgenda Augur

Yet here you are
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

You are SO superior, should we call you master?

As if the players who play don't know it's an annual routine for some. I've done it, many of us have and still do, and manage to play live, even raid.

Some people manage their Kronos on TLPs so they cover their live play needs.

The truth is, selling things to keep the lights on is why the game IS nearly a quarted century in.

I'm not ignorant. You are.
  12. Aenoan Augur

Bye. Not even worth energy.
  13. Ponter Elder

I've been told you type /claim and it pops in your inventory or something, but due to lag at server launch there's a small chance it poofs into the nether and you need to contact a GM -OR- it will appear in your shared bank slot maybe.
  14. Aenoan Augur

I would wait a day or two before you snag the bags just because of server stability.
    TEIOH likes this.
  15. Intercept Augur

If you have a ton of time to play, but are not very good at the game, then p99 is the best place for you to play.

TLP is much harder than p99 for those players
  16. Barton The Mischievous

type /claim , the claim window will pop up look through list, find bags in the list click to highlight push claim button. EDIT: Pray the Claim Server and Game Server are both stable and you get your bags. Though this has been better last couple of launches

Ponter and TEIOH like this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't know about the other forum users but I always enjoy it when P99 come here then proceed to whine about a bunch of stuff that can easily be completely ignored anyway.

Convince you to TLP?

Why would I bother when you come here with such a huge amount of P99 baggage, misconceptions, antipathy & preconceived ideas & all that before you even set foot on a TLP server.

Only way to find out if you want to play on it is to actually play it & decide later if it is for you or not.
  18. Mike Morbid New Member

Point out which mmo doesn't any type of cash shop.
  19. TEIOH New Member

well that's quite the presumptuous generalization you seem to be making about me without doing much reading to base it on, now isn't it?
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's just how your post read to me.
    What other reading was I meant to have done?