[TOL RAID] Close the gate, Bloodfalls - MONSTER

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Yinla, May 23, 2022.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Monster debuff that is being cast has reverted back to wanting True North (I was starting to like you) cast to cure it instead of invis.

I wasn't quick enough to get a SS of the spell description but it was asking for True North to be cast to cure it.

Also NPCs didn't close the Gate at the end like they had on our previous wins.
  2. Sancus Augur

The description is incorrect and has been since launch, but the spell is still removed by being buffed with an SPA 12 (Unstable Invis) effect. Monster! cannot be removed by an SPA 314 effect, which is an invis that cannot fade early (e.g., Perfected Invisibility). That has also been the case since launch.

The description should be fixed, but my guess is you used the wrong kind of invis.
    Kialya and Svann2 like this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Theres been no changes to the limit effect since the end of last year. It's likely that the spell description was just not updated to reflect that change. Did you cast a perma invis or a timer invis? Whatever is going on with the invis check, it does not work with the perma AA invis.

https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=52741&source=Live
  4. Zipe The Healer

It worked for me this week with Cloudy Potions.
    Our wiz died too because he used Invis AA, like you did (I guess).
    Kialya likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I used the same Invis I've used before which worked.

Hmm strange that not all invis work.
  6. ChiiChii Augur

Apologies for this question might not align with the topic. Sancus, you mentioned SPA12 and SPA314. I'm unfamiliar with these acronyms and their integers. May I know for what these are and their meaning, please?
  7. Zipe The Healer

To give you a comparative example.
    Spells are Domains, SPA's are IP's. When we cast a spell or use an AA or drink a potion we use a DNS that converts the IP into Domain.
    Hell, this is a terrible example, but dunno why I thought that would be cool.

One spell can have various SPA's. SPA is the acronym for Spell Affect. But SPA's are not just for spells, they are for anything ingame that modifies your character, from Crit rate to Endless Quiver (not wasting arrows Ranger AA).

Source: https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/SPA_list
    ChiiChii likes this.
  8. ChiiChii Augur

As an engineer, completely understood it and I appreciate your reply. Thank you.
  9. Sancus Augur

Zipe gave a good explanation. In this specific context, this is how the Monster! debuff works:

First, it's worth starting with the debuff's full spell data, which is parsed from the spells_us.txt file in your EQ folder. Using raidloot, here's the data:

[52741] Monster!
    Restriction: Cannot Remove
    Target: Single
    Range: 1000'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks), Dispelable: No
    Max Hits: 1 Matching Spells
    21: Cast: Never Awaken on Duration Fade
    22: Cast: Use Ability if Hit By Spell
    23: Limit Effect: Unstable Invis
    Text: There is a monster in your room! Hide!

There are a few important parts here:

1. "22: Cast: Use Ability if Hit By Spell" -> This is SPA 481, "Fc_Cast_Spell_On_Land." The "Fc" part of the SPA name indicates that this SPA is a focus. Focus SPAs can have limits applied to them to specify what kinds of spells they apply to (limits do not limit the application of non-focus SPAs).

2. "23: Limit Effect: Unstable Invis" -> This is SPA 137 (137 Ff_WhichSPA). The "Ff" in the SPA name indicates that it is a limit SPA, which in this case limits the focus to spells using a particular SPA. SPAs have Base1 values (among other values) that further specify what they do. In this case, the Base1 value is 12. That means you have to be hit by an SPA 12 effect (Unstable Invis) to trigger the Cast: Use Ability focus.

3. "Max Hits: 1 Matching Spells" -> This is part of the spells data (it is not an SPA). It specifies that the spell has one counter, and that said counter is consumed when one spell matches the spell's focus limits.

The culmination of those three parts is that an unstable invisibility spell is the only type of spell that can consume the counter and therefore make the debuff go away prior to its duration expiring. If its duration expires without using the counter, Never Awaken is triggered by "21: Cast: Never Awaken on Duration Fade."
    ChiiChii likes this.