Heroic Level 100 in September

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Xanbar, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Xanbar Augur

Level 85 Heroic character purchased between now and then will be upgraded to level 100 when this change goes live or no? If so what about heroic characters purchased further back in time?
    Grove likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They have not said much. We will need to wait for more details. Or you can read thru the 108 posts on this where everyone is speculating about what it means :)
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/level-100-heroic-characters.280504/

But consider the wording:
    Heroic Characters Update - New Heroic Characters will start at level 100

Which leads me to believe none of the 85's will be automatically raised to 100, only new ones obtained after then will be 100.
    NecroDotty likes this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

I've got 2 accounts that both have 2 HCs on them I've never used. These are freebies from various promotions over the years. Another one has 1 HC unused.

I'm kinda curious if those unused heroic characters are already coded to be 85, or if they'll be 100 if I claim them after the new level is implemented.
    Vumad likes this.
  4. Xanbar Augur

Interesting thought. If that is in fact the case does that not create a strong disincentive toward purchasing a heroic character from now until the upgrade to level 100 goes live. Curious business decision :)
  5. Bailen Augur

I wonder why they are waiting so long for that change, now that they've decided to do it. It doesn't seem like it'd be that complicated to implement, though I admit I'm not in IT. Getting a heroic character just raises your level to 100 and you are given some gear, or is there more to it I'm missing?
  6. NecroDotty New Member

105 would be better 100 seems a bit low just my 2 cents lol
  7. Iven the Lunatic

100 is to low, but has a better promo effect as a round number.
  8. Alnitak Augur

What gear to give to newest lvl 100 Heroic characters ? lvl 100 equivalent from RoF ? lvl 100 equivalent from CotF ? lvl 100 gear from TDS (Castaway equivalent) ? lvl 100 gear from TBM (some best group gear lvl 100) ?
    To reuse existing gear or make entirely new gearset ? All slots, all classes and races ? New graphics for visibles or reuse existing?

Curiously, these gear problems take much effort to address, while the gear will be dumped almost instantly due to leveling up in a matter of hours.

Also, should a new "Heroic" quest/gear lines be introduced similar to lvl 85 Heroic adventure/augs ?

So much effort ...
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  9. Iven the Lunatic

Heroic characters are already nearly fully equipped. Augmentations are not included. For lvl 100 it should be equal to RoF gear.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

But selling 85 mercs the week before is cheesy if they're not going to bump them.

Discount them then as they're about to lessen their value.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  11. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Heroics get a quest line for 21 special augs. That helped introduce them to tasks and rewards.

I hope there will be the same quest line for more special augs for level 100 Heroics.
  12. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

Its high enough that it won't cause a grouping gap with max level characters until the end of 2027.