I seem to have contracted a serious ailment...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by nazgull2k1, May 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celephane Augur

cool story, loser
  2. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Nah these forums aren't toxic. This is all perfectly healthy behavior.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Go post on the Valorant or CS:Go forums about it being unfair that you can't use Aimbot software and see how receptive people are.
  4. Verily Tjark Augur

Everyone knows LDR pops up when you assign someone the Leader role in group, duh. He definitely wasn't cheating. ;)
    CatsPaws and Chikkin like this.
  5. Simaril Apprentice

Go post on the Valorant or CS:Go forums about it being unfair that you can't use Aimbot software and see how receptive people are.

Apples/Oranges, those are competitive PVP games where the point is competing again other players. Everquest is a mostly cooperative game (at least as far as I know, do people still pvp in Everquest?).

The cheaters were punished appropriately, for breaking the rules, according to the powers that be, either by suspension or banning. Treating them like they killed your favorite puppy isn't serving anyone, other than driving people that might want to come back to Everquest away. I know I'd be hesitant coming back after reading the posts on this forum. But I suppose we live in a very polarized society these days.
    MacDubh likes this.
  6. Cicelee Augur

If you are looking to start playing EQ or coming back after a hiatus, and you want to cheat...

Don't bother coming back. The game doesn't want or need you.
    Wdor, Maedhros and Benito like this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Automation can be strongly likened to a long form plat dupe. Plat dupes have very negative effects on a social game such as EverQuest.

Though, someone who is 60+ years old (i.e. poor reflexes) playing a FPS could argue that aimbot "improves his user experience" which many pro-cheat, pro-automation folks argue here for automation.
    Wdor likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Like tracking when your not a ranger:

Mage...Elder Ice Wyvern is up right there!
    Cleric ...hmm I don't see it, where?? how far?
    Mage ...yep it's right there, I'm looking at it (thinking are these idiots blind)
    Entire Group....where ?! we don't see it
    Mage ...(realizes it's an SoS mob) Hmm I must be uber bugged atm:rolleyes:
  9. Simaril Apprentice

Automation can be strongly likened to a long form plat dupe. Plat dupes have very negative effects on a social game such as EverQuest.

Painting people with all the same brush. There are dozens of different 3rd programs people use for dozens of different reasons. They aren't all the same. Some of them don't have negative effects. But all of them are against the rules. And thus anyway who has used them has cheated and is subject to punishment.

And I'm not talking cheating, anyone that comes back and doesn't play the way that Cicelle plays, ie. non third party boxing, clearly isn't welcome.

10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Cheating in a video game is cheating. LOL. The mental gymnastics you're doing is amazing.
    Wdor, Nennius and Benito like this.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

New Member,

Do you condemn automation?

The overwhelming majority of people who were suspended/banned were so because of automation. Sure, there are a few people who have both I S B and automation/autofire software installed. And yes, there are a few people who AFK play (i.e. AFK while pets/mercs kill) with key broadcasting (installed or running but not used at that time so erroneously attributed as the cause).
  12. Ariana Augur

Why don't we just lock it now and save everyone the trouble?
    Chikkin and MacDubh like this.
  13. MacDubh TABLES!!!

[IMG]
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Admit what? That some people are erroneously attributing "false positive suspension" because they have both key broadcasting and automation software installed on the same machine or that they AFK play (pets/merc)?

They can prevent a "false positive" by uninstalling automation software and not committing to AFK play (pets/mercs).

Edit: They should also uninstall any autofire software and walk away from key repeaters. SOE had suspended/banned people for auto-forage for years so the company has been consistently against autofire and automation.
  15. Zemistheman New Member

The morally sound Benito has spoken about programs on computers!

Dude - seriously, just stop - you grandstanding and white knight attitude make you come off as an insufferable do*che canoe.

16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

New Member,

Do you condemn automation as cheating?
  17. Zemistheman New Member

Not a new member - I have better things to do than to log in here on the daily to read opinion posts from self-righteous people who believe they are stand on the moral high-ground on any and all topics.

You are asking a question that, in its simplicity is a "Yes/No" answer in your short-sighted eyes.

The bigger picture - well that is a different story.
    And it is my belief that Dark-paw shot itself in the foot and will realize that in the coming financial statements at the end of the quarters.

And please spare me the "no answer is a yes then" nonsense..... the questions / issue is MUCH MUCH deeper and more complex than you can comprehend.

18. Simaril Apprentice

Do you condemn automation?

I love all automation currently allowed by the rules of the game of course, like mercenaries, and hot keys, as long as they are attended. I box though, and would love more features added to make boxing easier so using 3rd party programs would be less attractive. I love some of the suggestions put forth already.

The overwhelming majority of people who were suspended/banned were so because of automation. Sure, there are a few people who have both I S B and automation/autofire software installed. And yes, there are a few people who AFK play (i.e. AFK while pets/mercs kill) with key broadcasting (installed or running but not used at that time so erroneously attributed as the cause).

How do you know this? Are you a company employee? Do you have statistics? Shouldn't everyone that uses any 3rd party software period be censured? That's what the rules say. Why should anyone be treated differently? If you want to ban only 3rd party software that allows automation, say so! Do you support 3rd party programs that don't have anything to do with automatation?

Cheating in a video game is cheating

Yup, but I think more effort should be put into finding ways to encourage people to play Everquest how they see fit without resorting to 3rd party programs, grouping, mercing, or boxing. Thus keeping the revenue from more subscriptions, with less cheating.
    Metanis and Chikkin like this.
  19. Ariana Augur

Similarly stop giving him a soapbox. Discussing automation software is not going to have any effect on Daybreak's stance, and this is 100% the direction that the discussion will go every time.

Daybreak makes the decision. This is their game. Cancel your accounts if you disagree, I wish you luck in finding any MMO that allows botting to any degree.

Daybreak does not want the reputation of being the MMO studio that allows its players to bot and ignore the rules. No games allow for this, there is no reason that Daybreak should. For the health of any future titles that they plan to release, I'm glad to see them cracking down, even if it does feel like it's happening a little late in the game. If they were to allow for even innocuous use, that reputation and perception would bleed over into any new releases they are planning.

It was a good run, but it's over, and rightfully so. I say this as someone who has enjoyed the use of the software over the years. It's time to adapt to the new level of enforcement or move on.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Competitive? You mean like trying to steal mobs/quests from other players? Trying to camp items so that you can sell them to others? The race each year for who can beat the expansion first? Just because it is a PvE game doesn't mean people are not competing against each other.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.