Will Charm be king on Vaniki?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zansobar, May 6, 2022.

1. Zansobar Augur

From the Vaniki FAQ:

"Q: Will spells be able to land on anything if we’re ten levels behind?
    A: Yes, we're using a new spell resist system for this server that includes an exception for Level Locked Progression servers. NPCs who are hit by a PC spell on a Level Locked Progression server will not have a resist bonus based on level differences, as they do on regular servers.

Q: Will stuns, mesmerization, charm, and similarly level limited spells still be capped at the original level limit?
    A: The level cap on the following crowd control spell effects will be increased by 10 to allow PCs to engage with the content as expected: Charm (Excluding Dire Charm), Fade, Fear, Fling, Gravitate, Mesmerization, Spin Stun, and Stun."

So as long as Charm counts as a spell under the first question such that the level difference between player and NPC will not have an impact on resist chance. Then along with the second question's answer a level 40 enchanter will be able to use the level 37 charm spell Cajoling Whispers and be able to charm up to a level 56 mob. And without the level difference impacting Charm break chance it appears that Charm will be even more overpowered than it is on normal TLP servers. That is while a level 40 enchanter can have a level 56 charm pet, the rest of the peasants (not charming) will be stuck casting their level 40 and under damage spells, or using their lower level weapons.

Do you think DPG would actually implement something as gamebreaking as this? Surely Charm is being excluded from these boosts to spells on the Vaniki server?
  2. ViciousRI New Member

Fun Fact:

A Rathe Councilman is level 68.

At 55 an Enchanter is still only able to mez to 67 with these changes.

My body is ready for Mythic Rathe Council!
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That list says charm and excludes dire charm which suggests it is on the list.
  4. Installing Updates Lorekeeper

Love to know about bard charm and mez, also.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That list just lists spell types and it does not specify class. As both charm and mez are in the list the bard songs will get the increase.
  6. Kahna Augur

I don't care how much you buff a level 37 chanter, when that 56 pet breaks, they are dying. High reward, but very high risk.
  7. Installing Updates Lorekeeper

My bard can run away.
  8. Zansobar Augur

Charm breaks may be even fewer than on a normal TLP since they are removing the level difference as a contributor to charm breaks, it appears.
  9. HekkHekkHekk Augur

YES CHARM WILL BE KING
  10. Overcast451 Augur

CH Chain on the Enchanter!

But realistically, if you have a Druid snare it.. it might just be manageable even then. Wonder if that will make the Enc+Dru a 'better' box on this server than the 'Enc+Clr'? Or maybe more popular at least. You can pull off some awesome fear kiting with the combo + charmed pet... stuff dies fast and reduces the healing needed significantly.

Enc+Dru is what two I would box, if I was playing on this one :)
  11. Zansobar Augur

I doubt it. The reason you need CLR is for complete heal as the pet HP is just too large and if you are charming much higher level mobs than you could on a normal TLP that HP pool will be even larger.
  12. Overcast451 Augur

Yeah, I guess that comes down to preference. Druid snare does help with the control, so you would have to mem-blur it and let it fast heal as a mob.. which is a hassle. On the otherside though, snare would be hecka' useful on mobs 20 levels higher.. heh
  13. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Spoiler; Mez and memblur will heal the mob to full health.
    Froglok_Shaman likes this.
  14. Risiko Augur

Ok that is actually interesting. I can't wait to see how this works out.
  15. Zansobar Augur

Yes but not as quickly and if you are in combat and needing to get the pet healed you are in trouble.
  16. HekkHekkHekk Augur

You messed up a long time ago if you can't manage to mezz and memblur.
  17. Magician9001 Augur

Charm is just massively weaker on this TLP. Charm is mainly good for leveling. Leveling is just super fast and stops earlier on this server. For raid/farming content any charm break against something 20 levels higher and summons is just death.
  18. Pappasalt Augur

Does nobody look past release on vaniki? Lol. Charm becomes more and more useless as time goes on.
  19. Zansobar Augur

It is widely believed that Vaniki will have a short lifespan so the release state is of most importance to most of the potential players there.
    Fhiele likes this.