Vaniki: salvagable maybe?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Go Take A Nap, May 4, 2022.

1. Go Take A Nap Augur

This is an attempt to salvage the server by addressing a few key points that our guild was expecting.I am basing this off my guilds community and what ive gathered from forums. This is in no way a total exposure but i feel ive hit some very key points that most of us were expecting.

My First impression that created the massive early playerbase/hype
    We were offered a hardcore server with unique rewards for our time. We were excited to have rewards that would be account shared, no matter what server. We knew Vaniki would live fast and die young...it would take a lot of effort to complete in time too. We expected rewards to match that investment of effort.
    One of the largest factors for us to play here with our guild was that we would have claimable rewards for other servers/other characters. Something we can take to the next tlp or live. Some of these rewards should be server specific but for any serious raider out there its all about clout.

Dropped the ball in two areas, with some explanations

1. The rewards are limited( not enough bosses/skipped many expansions) and you've picked easy content for the reward encounters. We would have rather seen end bosses for each expansion trigger the rewards and not to have skipped entire blocks of content. Why would we even bother doing those raids now? We can just kill group content in future expansions and wait it out or log out for a month. Atleast an achievement for the effort? You skipped entire eras and bundled many others together for one reward from easy content early on. Crag beast queen for GoD? Really? To make it worse it was bundled with other expansions........ You skipped over most of the iconic classic-omens front. Kunark? Pop? Luclin? Why is yelinak the achievement for velious instead of vulak? Are we just getting participation trophies instead of challenge rewards??? It really feels like it..

2. The other key point here is after the huge low blow above the rewards are just very underwhelming...we were expecting claimables to take away from the server.
    Mounts, bags, exp potions, veteran reward AA. cool pet/illusion.

Identifiable stuff that says "Hey , I beat content on one of the hardest servers ever."

Reward ideas that would be worth the effort/skipping summer to raid here >.>

Here are some ideas of rewards that would not be game breaking that could be taken to another server. Just like your expansion packs:
    - Large WR bags(maybe not 40 slot, but 20 would be nice)
    -unique illusions even if its a reskin with another color.(something distinguishable that shows I beat challenging content on vaniki aka clout)
    - Cool Mount or Something REALLY unique that shows that i stayed until the end! or possibly break this down into seasons. Unique illusion for each "era"( even if its a reskin with another color)
    - claimable exp potion on another server 25% , 50%
    - roll some of the above into 999 stuff? that way we can continue to enjoy on many characters( maybe this could be a few illusions, toys, pets, party pack, bags ect)
    - Unique AA like veteran rewards unlocked for certain events. 999 Claimable by one character on any server.
    - Title that can be used any server.
    - ornamentations

Few nice ideas that were nailed. Great job here.
    - You managed to get BST/Zerker at start.
    - Spell change to crowd control makes for some very unique and interesting game play.
    - spell change so that any lvl can land spells on higher lvl content is going to be wildly entertaining.

Final thoughts
    The server rules looking interesting. Love the spell system and CC changes. This will be a great casual server for goofing off in exp zones way under leveled. But we need more to make raiding worth it. I understand the server is about to launch but these are simple asks that can be rolled out over coming months. Still plenty of time to fix it. Please just let us know you intend to work on it before the server launches as many of us are on the fence right now whether we are even going to play here.

Key take away here is most of us are looking for rewards that can be claimed on other servers, even if its limited to one character per server. They dont have to be game breaking rewards, you can give us some of the really powerful stuff for Vaniki ONLY. But we really want something to take away from this unique server experience that will make our time/ effort worth it.

This server will be a huge demand for any raider with huge content blocks. Please re think rewards. We really want to no life this one more time but currently its not worth it.
    The_Kras_Man and Karrbon_175 like this.
  2. Attila/Tails/Redrum New Member

I agree with the inadequate rewards, but what I'm more disappointed in is the stance on old quest such as epics. I'm also annoyed by the lack of content on the faq's. They had to know we had questions much deeper than this. Just to name a few, prenerf items like Circlet of Shadow what droga are we going to be able to get this or is droga 2.0 a thing at the beginning? Some classes can get their epics at 40, why didn't they address the classes that couldn't hail their NPCs until later? There has to be a thousand issues they addressed to make this happen, how is the bullet point presentation so small and uninformative? Another thing I'd like to mention is how confusing it is, to me at least, trying to figure out the additional month per level increase. I was told this doesn't go into effect until level 60, but is this because the experience is going to be Phinigel style? I don't think that people really want to stay at level caps for more than a month. This is going to be a hardcore server where hardcore players we're going to be max level almost immediately. I swore off Eq a long time ago, but when I saw this I caved. This feels like ashes of creation hype and vanguard results.
  3. The_Kras_Man New Member

My main disappointment is the slower unlock schedule from the initial proposal. I am still down to play on Vaniki but I am having a hard time finding a guild that hasn't swapped to Yelinak or whose discord isn't full of existential uncertainty.

TBH 1 year to live and a vaniki illusion as a single reward for all of the listed goals is more than enough for this old chunk of coal. I'm just a simple man.
    Thatoneguy666 likes this.
  4. HekkHekkHekk Augur

No one is playing on vastinky, be serious
    Ginix likes this.
  5. Go Take A Nap Augur

This server can be saved. Couple early fixes to get us started in good faith and then a few more changes over time before we get there.

We would like to see end expansion bosses have unique rewards worth the effort. At least an achievement.
    Immediate list should include:
    Kunark: Trakanon , we probably wont have time for VP keying. If you want to make us suffer than Phara Dar
    Velious: AoW or Vulak you pick
    Luclin: Emperor Ssra or Aten Ha Ra.
    PoP: Rathe council or Quarm

This should cover the scope of what is able to be completed in the next 10 weeks AFTER the server launches. Thats only 4 unique rewards to add and this would go a long way to showing us that you understand the TLP community.

We would love to have a more fleshed out list though, but at this point it feels more like begging.

Here is a list of random quickly thought out reward ideas that Vicious made in 5mins, with level to achieve: (these are just thoughts to get the cogs moving in the right directions, please best this random players 5 min write up)

Innoruuk - Level 40 - Illusion: a forsaken revenant - 999 Claimable

Lord Nagafen + Lady Vox + Phinny - Level 40 - Title: the Valiant - 999 Claimable

Trakanon - Level 50 - Mana Robe Ornament usable on any chest armor type - 999 Claimable

Yelinak - Level 50 - A Very Very Large Coin Purse (LOL) - 26 Slot bag - 80% weight reduction 999 claimable

Ventani the Warder - Level 50 - Claimable Prismatic Dragon Mount - 999 claimable
    (this would be one of the hardest achievements on the server to obtain at lvl 50, Ventani is a nightmare)

The Avatar of War - Level 50 - Potion: Double Faction - Claimable in classic once per-server

Vulak'Aerr - Level 50 - Title: the Templebreaker + Claimable: Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher Ornament (Templebreaker was from the Mayong server and is now otherwise unobtainable)

Emperor Ssra - Level 55 - Potion: Shared Bottle of Adventure III - claimable during classic one time use (Quarm server potion)

Aten Ha Ra - Level 55 - Summoned Food: Vah Shir Moonpie's (+10 all resist, +40 HP/Mana) - 999 claimable

Rallos Zek the Warlord - Level 55 - Flaming Rallos Axe Ornament (usable in any weapon type)

Xegony+Fennin+Coirnav+Rathe - Level 55 - Title: the Fifth Element - 999 Claimable

Quarm - Level 55 - Potion: Bottle of Adventure IV - Claimable in classic once per-server (edited)
    [10:42 AM]

Mayong Server titles that are no longer unobtainable which could be reused as claimable rewards:
    Clawreaver - Lord Yelinak
    Crypkeeper - Beltron the Shade King
    Cursebreaker - LDoN: The Curse Reborn
    Dainreaver - Dain Frostreaver IV
    Daybringer - Solteris
    Discord Rider - Overlord Mata Muram
    Dread Pirate - Captain Krasnok (Hate's Fury, The Scorned Maiden)
    Fearless - Cazic Thule
    Firescales - Nagafen
    Firewalker - Fennin Ro (PoFire)
    Greenmist - Emperor Ssra
    Hatebane - Innoruuk (PoHate)
    Icescales - Lady Vox
    Inquisitors - Lord Inquisitor Seru
    Lichbanes - Venthril Sathir
    Scalebanes - Phara'Dar
    Scaleguard - Lethar (AG North)
    Skybreakers - Eye of Veeshan
    Slayer - Mayong Mistmoore
    Sleepless - Kerafyrm
    Stonebreaker - Rathe Council (PoEarth B)
    Timebreakers - Quarm (PoTime completion)
    Templebreaker - VulakAerr
    TunatMuram - Tunat`Muram Cuu Vauax
    Venomscales - Trakanon
    Vex Va - Aten Ha Ra
    Warbringer - Avatar of War
    Waverider - Coirnav
    Windrider - Xegony (edited)

To Dev team. If you do not have time to implement the changes please add the achievements at the very least. Then flag us for the rewards when you flesh it out thoroughly. We just ask for a proper list because that last one is not appealing for most TLP players that playing 1-70 normally and this content was breezed over so hard.
  6. Ginix Augur

OMEGALUL - 999

Mounts should be 1 like Quarm was

I could get behind 999 claimable rewards from a PvP server but brain dead PvE should be 1
    Magician9001 and HekkHekkHekk like this.
  7. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

This is quality ForumQuesting. What makes me giggle inside is knowing that you’re being serious. These types of posts increase the quality of my work time bathroom breaks 100 fold. So thank you for that.
    Ginix likes this.
  8. Santified Lorekeeper

Rathe council alone deserves something. I mean we cant mez the mobs at low hit points. That means we have to either somehow tank them or burn them somehow very fast. Forget Quarm the hardest fight in PoP will be the rather council. I do like the titles though. Being on Mayong I had a couple of them. Playing on quarm event server we lost a lot of people due tot hem not thinking it was worth the effort for the small gain. I was in the second guild that beat OMM. We had to get help from the first guild due to fact that so few people remained. Not only was the future of the server unknown the rewards were meh. Some titles and a one time mount without a buff. The mount one time useable and titles was a major let down for something that took 3 months to do. Unless things change vaniki going to be like quarm. High server loss no one wanting to join it after launch.
  9. HekkHekkHekk Augur

what
    Ginix likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Need to be careful what you wish for.

Need to consider the length of time in at each level, how long flagging will take etc. There are other flaws not just the rewards.

That said I would like to see 1 kill for each expansion at least and those rewards being related more to each expansion, but I think we should be looking at lesser targets not expansion end bosses.

They did say it was still subject to change, so I'm hoping they consider all feedback given and make a few adjustments.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Vindaven Elder

The double loot is a huge benefit to Vaniki. Not like Selo where the unlocks were just shorter. Double loot is great!

---

I feel like the +10 to charm may be a bit too strong. If I am understanding this correctly... Two things make Charmers/Mezzers a bit too strong:
    1) Resist checks don't check for the mob's level.
    2) Charm & Mez level cap checks have gone up by +10 levels.

This technically could mean... That a level 11 Enchanter can charm up to level 35 (Spell: Charm). And doing so is likely to not resist since resist checks won't check for level.

A level 37 Enchanter can charm up to level 56 (Cajoling Whispers). Normally not even a lvl 53 enchanter (using Boltran's Agacerie) could not even do that... their cap would normally be level 53.

I like the intention... And I think +5 instead would be a bit more reasonable.

---

I agree the achievement rewards are a bit lackluster and which bosses give them is a bit odd. Although... I really like the suggested rewards in this thread a lot! On the surface I would imagine that they would be not all that difficult to implement and seem pretty reasonable... as they are things that already exist and are cosmetic / convenience based in nature.

One time use things simply does not make sense for the suggested rewards. If it was actually something beyond being merely cosmetic/convenience based, I could see why that would need to be limited... But I don't think that is the goal for this reward system.

This might be a bit taboo... But to use another game as an example... In WoW you get titles, mounts, and other cosmetic and convenience based things based on various achievements. And typically the really difficult stuff gets you more prestigious things (cooler looking mounts, better looking armor ornaments/transmogs, and more cool-sounding titles). I like what the Dark Paw team is trying to do with this and appreciate the effort.

Vaniki has a lot of potential... Level Lock Progression / Reward Achievements / Double Loot / Lowed Mob Resists / Less gear level restrictions / Modified level limits on various spells... ......It's a lot of new ideas at once. Hopefully it won't be too hard to maintain it all.
  12. Obi1Kinobi New Member

Special event TLP challenge server rewards should be useable on TLPs (e.g. teleport Western Wastes in Velious not SoV, currency should include something useable on TLP even if it has to be plat or bag token, illusion/mount not locked to future expansions, etc.).

For this ruleset, I applaud new classes and tutorial available on launch, double loot, autogrant AA, and attempting to create a challenge/reward and make it work by adjusting gear and spells (but please see my suggestion above for TLP rewards).

May the Fourth be with you.
    Vindaven likes this.
  13. Go Take A Nap Augur

If the server is moving to fast to have time to finish the zones then that itself is a design flaw.

My expectations was that we were given a challenge server and would be finding the most optimal early gear path(which may skip some classic content but not end bosses) and then will be killing all end bosses at least once for achievements.

Most guilds at this point can finish an expansion in 1 week with a handful able to do it in 1-2 days. Using Luclin as an example: 2 hours per night for a few nights is all it takes to get keyed for VT and Emp.

If we are catering to a slower crowd where do you draw the line? How long is long enough for majority of the population to get through it? When you find that number then the server speed should match imo.

Maybe we need devs to tell us how they intend us to play here so we can understand wth they are thinking?
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Traditionally a level increase sever has 12 weeks to level and complete expansion, with Vaniki in those 12 weeks you also have to do flagged etc for any other expansion released at the same time. Initial expansions aren't too bad. But when you get into later expansions when you only get partical keys each raid, or X amount of flags this is where things slow down a lot.

The other thing to consider is how many days/nights a week do you want to be raiding and for how many hours each night.

I would asume kills will take longer to do also, slowing progress even futher.
  15. Go Take A Nap Augur

The only thing delusional is expecting quality event servers like this to be thought out so players didnt have to "help".

If it doesnt work out guess ill see you on Yelinak my man!
  16. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

You’re like a superhero. You’re helping so hard right now.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Stat buffs, damage buffs, mitigation buffs as vaniki rewards ?

TLP already suffer from way too much power creep & exacerbating that is a very silly idea indeed.

Making early EQ any dumber than it already is has to be a nope.
  18. Zansobar Augur

DPG is not going to give rewards that make it vastly easier to do future TLPs. I'd say they can do titles, or illusions, but adding any power increases is a no-no.
    Skuz likes this.