For Those Who've Encountered Suspensions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dirae, Apr 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

We are talking about automators not key broadcasters.

Automators sleep 7-9 hours while EQ plays itself. They farm platinum, TS loot, chase loot, and collectibles with zero effort on their part. They convert that ill-gotten wealth into Krono. They in turn exchange the Krono for membership, expansion keys, chase loot, collectibles, illusions, mounts, armor ornaments, or teleports across all transferable servers.
    Prepared likes this.
  2. Wanano New Member

The problem - Benito - You do not need to be automated , to farm platinum, TS loot, chase loot or collectibles. You just need to be online and play. I can go to Frontier Mountains and kill in the middle west fort all day with my merc, If I want. Me at the keyboard can keep that little fort clear of mobs all day if I want. Few people in zone, should I be Banned for that ? All this talk of people hogging whole zones is silly. What whole zone is being keep to one group? permafrost, Lake of ill omen ?
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Automators can farm in their sleep, at work ,or during a vacation. LOL. It is a long form plat dupe.
    Wdor likes this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Hello new member.
    Don't cheat, and everything works out well.
    Wdor and Benito like this.
  5. WFSBelaar Lorekeeper

You are just straight making things up now. Words mean things.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  6. Simaril Apprentice

I actually strongly agree with Benito in that unattended, automated gameplay is bad. But I think every effort should be made to make attended gameplay, whatever style you prefer, as easy, and enjoyable as possible without having to turn to 3rd party programs.to do it. Whether you play as a full group of friends, a partial group with mercs, or a single player who's bought multiple accounts and just uses them to group. Everyone likes to play their own way and it should be enjoyable. Enjoyable means continued subscriptions, continued purchase of expansions, and more purchases of kronos. Which means more money for development of the game.

One think that would be nice for boxers would be more lines for each hotkey (which is already a form of automattion). Another would be something you could put in the command to tell everyone in your group to hit one of their hotkeys.
    Wanano and Kegwell like this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Fair response but try not to conflate/equivocate.

People know exactly what automation is. There is no such thing as a "good form of automation" or "partial automation." These are arguments to muddy the waters.

For instance, using an autofire program to forage has long been condemned by SOE and Daybreak. The /autofire command has now taken precedence over autofire program (previously only allowed for archery).
    Wdor likes this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Ever since Daybreak forbade training botters (automators), there has been no viable player response other than waiting on a GM response.

Automators have taken their new-found immunity to automate for long sessions. Fortunately, I think Daybreak is seriously following up on reports of automation based on the pro-cheat drama across all EQ communication channels.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

I bet Benito has an alarm that goes off every time a new thread is posted regarding automation, suspensions, MacaroniQuest, EyeEssBee, or anything else.
    Warpeace, Nennius and Metanis like this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Key broadcasting and keybinds (not activated by autofire/key repeater) are approved at this point in time.

There is a subset of pro-cheat posters looking to conflate, equivocate, and obfuscate perfectly benign behavior with far more nefarious software and tactics.
    Wdor likes this.
  11. MacDubh TABLES!!!

If I threw you some ToL task adds so you could fill out your type 5's would you stop using the word "obfuscate" every other post?
    Stymie, Flatchy, Nennius and 3 others like this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Automating for Type 5 augs was an example of camp/mob monopolization by botters. See Morwenna during CoV.

You should offer several Krono to counter the detrimental effects of automated farming (platinum, TS loot, chase loot, collectibles).
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

[IMG]
    Stymie, Metanis and Nennius like this.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

They can, and do - if they can prove it. Not sure how you're speaking with any authority on this Bardy, but you're dead wrong.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

When someone says "I cant possibly see them doing xxxxx" thats not them speaking with authority, thats them giving an opinion. Now when you claim he is dead wrong thats YOU trying to speak with authority.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Lol. That's why I love these boards. Svann white knighting for Bardy.
  17. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Kind of like the second football player to throw a punch.
  18. The real Sandaormo Augur

The effort put in to cheat at a 23 year old game amazes me.
    Benito likes this.
  19. MacDubh TABLES!!!

It's using a 3rd party program to make boxing more enjoyable than trying to alt tab between 2-6 characters. This isn't using God mode or no-clip in Doom.

The amount of people that have an opinion of something they have never used amazes me.
    Genoane, Bardy McFly and Kaenneth like this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is still considered cheating according the the rules, just because the claim is to make it easier to box doesn't change what the rules state.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.