Riwwi Instance - Turlini

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaera, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Jaera Augur

Can't hurt to ask and not a big deal if the answer is no.

Any chance Turlini can be added to the Riwwi AoC instance? He's used to spawn the waves of the arena fight for the Riwwi Breakdown in Communication quest, has a reasonably lengthy respawn time (12? hours) and despawns shortly after someone turns in their final bag to complete the arena event.
  2. Catashe Augur

If you think his respawn is 12 hours you in trouble.. its around 2-3 hours everytime i did it and she can spawn in instance you just gotta wait for him
  3. Communist Puppy Augur

Its an 8 hour respawn timer, and doesnt spawn in instance. However, it is always up when a new pick opens up.
  4. Fibgirl Lorekeeper

Can be done for multiple people if they coordinate the fights/turn-ins and all do the final turn-in simultaneously.
  5. Jaera Augur

I am quite well aware of all of these points (minus part of the first one, I sat in an instance of Riwwi last night for 5 and a half hours and he never showed up) hence the 'it's not a big deal' portion of my request.

However, with every other bottleneck in the quest broken up by either natural means (IE, smith rondo instantly respawns and you have to farm the pieces to get Weapon Master anyways) OR every single other event being instanced / will be instanced (once the Qinimi AoC is fixed), I don't think it unreasonable to see if this can be added as well. Additionally, I've been told be a few sources that people have gone out of their way to kill Turlini just so other people can't do the event.

If the answer is no, then again, absolutely no harm nor foul.
  6. AgentofChange Augur

If they add it I wouldn't hold your breath. It'll likely be like the howling stones instance and added in 8 months later.

So if you want Turlini you best camp the zone or get the timer from the last arena event.
  7. Brumans Augur

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath, but it should definitely be addressed.

Just make it have a normal respawn time instead of a dumb 8 hour respawn time on a turn-in mob. Or pop in the instance. Whatever's easiest.

One of those classic "bad EQ design" moments.
  8. Kaedra New Member

How many people would it take to make the second instance stay open? When you can get 20 people in the main instance to pop the second pick, you're hit with the 'this instance will close in 15 minutes' pretty quickly.
  9. Noon_yeah Journeyman

If it's just 1 pick, the trick is to keep the main zone full with people. You can keep a pick open with 1 person. But as soon as the main pick creeps below a certain %, the pick will close.

If it's 20 to spawn a pick, it wouldn't take many to keep it open. I imagine the pick closing is from most people picking over and the main pick dropping below the threshold.
  10. Soon Augur

I did it this way last night with another 2 people. Simply repeating each steps for 3 times. For the final turn in, you will have around 4-5 seconds from the first turn in before Turlini runs away.
  11. Catashe Augur

and yet ive seen it respawn faster than 8 hours so IDK what to tell ya..
  12. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

My experience on the respawn has been about 6 hours. The old zam posts say 8 hours, so with the TLP global respawn reduction that seems about right.
  13. AgentofChange Augur

My experience has been that he has very little health and is easy to kill. Doesn't seem to drop anything so far, but gonna need a lot more tests to confirm.
    Machen likes this.
  14. Zigie Journeyman

Any chance this can be looked into again.
    People are running all the waves for all the members of their party, and when 1 person does the handin it depops for 6+ hours. Then each of the other 5 members show up every 6 hours and do their handins. Basically killing getting any of the arena mission progressions for anyone except that group for a day and a half. With only 2 months before the content moves along instead of 8-12 months this bottle neck could use sped up some.

Or put the NPC up inside the DZ at startup. I could talk 5 friends into making a group to get the dz and do the bag handin, drop it and do the event in the regular zone. Its finding the NPC ever up to progress in such a short amount of time.

In 60 days at 4 handins per day, only about 240 people will be able to complete their bic, plus whatever groups are smart enough to all hand them in and click OK and finish it as a group at once, or any picks that the ghosts are up in.
    Xanathol likes this.
  15. Nolrog Augur

It would be nice if he was unkillable at least so that people cannot grief you from completing that BIC step. But spawning in an AOC would be great.
    Xanathol likes this.
  16. Xanathol Augur

It's shame to have everything else done but artificially bottlenecked on this NPC. As others mentioned, it is not up on spawn in a DZ either and going on 4 hours now, it still has yet to show up. To add salt to the wound, even without killing a single mob, received a 6+ day loot lockout, so can't even pop another dz for a week to try and spawn it again. Very poor experience.
  17. Nolrog Augur

I'm on the step in this quest now, and someone killed the NPC to prevent anyone else from doing it. He really needs to be made unkillable at the very least. Even a very short respawn or doesn't despawn at all. There's no reason for the artificial bottleneck anymore.
  18. Zigie Journeyman

And now people are just dire charming and taking it to places so its not at its spawn point.
    Burying it in walls to screw people over. So sad this quest hasnt been fixed in all this time and now its just a griefer's paradise.