sooo.. what now?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Creative Sparks, Apr 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

It's not what you use, it's what you do.

The developers here refused to name specific software because of this, and also any named as allowed software can either be updated into illegality, or already able to be used illegally by the EULA.

Autofire.exe for instance, or a Gravis pad, or gaming keyboard with a repeat function is legal, as long as it's USE is.
    Spell skillups that aren't disruptive to other players while you're there, but watching TV, yes, as it's ATTENDED

Sitting your mage in Grieg's End and macroing /target a_ with Autofire and go to sleep is not.
    Szilent and Yinla like this.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

Yet ironically, you are not allowed to say the name of it, given your post edited it out.

Since we have no idea how they are detecting cheating, we don't actually know if ISB will get you suspended. We simply assume anyone who says they only used ISB is lying. They could be detecting a specific program running, which is logically incorrect, because if so, they could simply say, using XYZ will get you suspended. We know. We will act. It's very possible that the suspensions are based on something else completely, and since you are still not allowed to say ISB, as proven by your posts, we don't actually know if ISB will get you suspended. Sure, you included a picture that ISB is allowed, despite an official policy that they wont say anything is allowed, but that doesn't change that some completely unknown action is tripping up the system making ISB set it off. Given that a lot of botting is still happening, it is very possible they have no idea what program you are running, and they can not completely differentiate between ISB boxing and botting. In conclusion, ISB not being the cause of suspensions is faulty reasoning based on a lack of facts.
    Fenthen, Creative Sparks and Feedback like this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Autofire used to be allowed for archery before the /autofire command.

SOE and Daybreak has long condemned the use of repeat function for foraging and fishing. One can surmise that similar or more advanced functions can land you in hot water.
    Wdor likes this.
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

This is correct. I just feel sorry for the people who sit in the buff pile in PoK and say "level 95 class LFG" every five minutes for hours. The game doesn't work that way anymore.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You have been pushing the "partial automation" argument to muddy the waters.

Players have already brought up the GM-as-mob detection test. The GM makes himself/herself an invincible mob and alters his/her size during the engagement. Scripters (not key broadcasters) fail the test by not reacting to the dynamic.
    Wdor likes this.
  6. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Paladins have no business soaking up quality mana from more deserving toons like necromancers
  7. Angahran Augur

Considering a dev has just clearly stated that ISB is allowed then hopefully noone will be suspended for using it.

However, how many people who have been suspended claim to have not been using anything ?
    Wdor likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Careful, Paladins can take their Splash elsewhere.
    Fenthen and Deux like this.
  9. Feedback Journeyman

Respectfully disagree with what is stated. Bots should not be allowed ever on any MMO. And I'm not aware of any source from the gaming company that there has been a change with regard to bots. It's always not been allowed.

Multiboxing with keyboard/mouse broadcasting however should be allowed without restrictions on broadcasting with software.
  10. Angahran Augur

Nothing has changed. Automation, 'bots', have never been allowed.
    Duder, Wdor and Act of Valor like this.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Please stop listening to the cheaters trying to gaslight you into thinking that Daybreak is suspending anyone boxing. It's only botters, aka automation, aka cheaters, who are getting suspended.
    Duder, Wdor, Warpeace and 3 others like this.
  12. Tacked New Member

It is funny to watch all these sanctimonious people say cheaters are getting banished rightfully. I get the image of these tin foil hat wearing people blowing a fuse in the real world when they see a jay walker. I hope these people attempt to perform citizen arrests in real life.

Trusting that any entity is doing the correct thing without disclosing or discussing it is utter stupidity and nonsense, and this includes DPG employees doing their 8 hour shifts.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Automation is a long form of a plat dupe.

Botters (automators) kill high volumes of mobs for platinum, TS loot, or chase loot with little to no effort.

It would be the real life equivalent to someone running a counterfeit money scheme.
    Wdor and Deux like this.
  14. Tacked New Member

You're right Benito, no real group can kill high numbers of mobs for platinum and get 'chase loot' effortlessly. Wait, chase loot is rare, so if it is effortless, then real groups can obtain it as well.

Keep yelling at the jay walkers Benito, you're making a real difference.
    Fenthen and Eangel like this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am in full agreement there is NOTHING better in EQ than a finely-tuned group. A close second is when I am boxing all of them and just keep getting a tiny bit better with my box team every pull.
    Wanano and Creative Sparks like this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Big difference between the dude at the computer pressing keys versus the dude who sleeps 7-9 hours while EQ plays itself.
    Wdor likes this.
  17. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Keep it up with the same sweeping generalizations of a player base. Of course everyone who bots is only in it to afk farm platinum 24/7 so he can fault his riches over the single account plebs.

I can only sleep at night if I know I have all my type 5 slots maxed from afk farming named in CoV.
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

1. EverQuest is a social game defined by economic power and character power.

2. Daybreak has to act on what a software could do and not what the user would do.

3. The current sanctions regime prevents rampant cheating. The only reason why Joe is automating for 3 hours instead of 8 hours may be the threat of getting caught and the "slap on the wrist" known as 7 day suspensions. Maybe, Daybreak can rollback characters or implement a 3-strike rule (3 suspensions = ban) for even more curtailment.
    Wdor likes this.
  19. Cicelee Augur

You get caught cheating using third party software?

30 day roll back, all plat/currency is removed from the player and their bank (including shared bank), all Krono gets removed from the cheater.

Sometimes you have to have a harsh penalty in order to get rid of the problem. Heard of a city that was trying to eliminate texting and driving. Initially had a $100 fine which didn't do much. They then made it a $10,000 fine and 30 days in jail. After a couple people got caught and word spread to the city, guess what happened to the problem?

Hint: the correct answer is ^It went away"
    Wdor likes this.
  20. MacDubh TABLES!!!

[IMG]
    Fenthen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.