For Those Who've Encountered Suspensions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dirae, Apr 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigstomp Augur

Being an expert on being suspended seems like you're doing something wrong.
    Nennius, Skuz and Emilari like this.
  2. Burdi Augur

The DPG righteous play style check process is not guaranteed to be bug free or even correct.

Keep asking the whereabouts and details.

You must be innocent!!
  3. The real Sandaormo Augur

If you get caught cheating and get a 7 day suspension, take 10 days off to think about what you did.
    Wdor, Skuz and Veteran_BetaTester like this.
  4. Zemistheman New Member

Damn there Rambo - slowly step off your soap box and go outside.

Wanano likes this.
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

You don't get to know why, until you are unsuspended.

I was suspended for sending too many parcels to a player. 7 days. I asked on another account why etc... only was told "Toxic Behavior" and the rest of my questions got ignored.

Not until after that period, when my account was back up, was I able to discuss in a petition what happened and got a nice conversation on the topic back. in fact, the GM stated if they knew the situation before hand, the reporting player would have been the one suspended.

Yes, it sucks to not be able to discuss this before or during your suspension, just BAM!!

If you are not up in 7 days, I would consider 7 business days to count.
    code-zero, Prepared and Wanano like this.
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I do not agree :)
    With your signature @@
  7. Tucoh Augur

The best part is when you get suspended again for some other nonsense and get a more severe punishment due to being a recidivist.
    Eangel, Vumad and Nennius like this.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Just don't do anything that gets you suspended.
    Seems simple enough.
  9. Burdi Augur

Absolutely,whatever your are doing you need to do it with skill and you wont be ever worried about suspension.
  10. Loup Garou De loop de loop

The difference is that your suspension was due to sending over 200 parcels back to the other player as a form of retaliation and that was considered toxic behavior. I think the other player would have been suspended first if you had just reported them first instead of taking it into your own hands.

And this is different than the suspensions going on now which are just put down as due to "cheating" or "using third party programs" and I doubt the GM will discuss it further after the suspension is up. There has been no mention of further explanations given since that would release info about how they are identifying the accounts that are using the programs.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sounds like there is more to the story then just sending parcels which is a good reminder that we don't always hear the full story. It should also be a reminder to no retaliate for what someone does in game as you can easily be punished instead of the person if they turn around and report you.
    Wdor and Loup Garou like this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Is this ten additional days?
  13. The real Sandaormo Augur

No, it means stop their belly-aching if you cheated wondering when your suspension is up.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Just curious. Never been suspended myself, but I have noticed that the cheaters do love to nitpick and look for loopholes and as such, I wanted to make the terms clear. :)

Personally, I was hoping that you advocating for a 17 day vacation for the most egregious offenders. But, oh well.
    Wdor and Bigstomp like this.
  15. Tacked New Member

The loafers and unwashed sweater part was for you Ben, thanks for quoting it cause that was creative genius on my part !
  16. Tual Augur

Krono provides an unfair advantage to those that have more money than other players, but DB gon let that one slide.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

That argument doesn't really work in my opinion. Players that have a longer play time than players that can only play a couple hours a day have an advantage too. But both scenarios are following the rules, so they are not unfair.
    Wdor, Duder, Bigstomp and 1 other person like this.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Big difference between someone who earns platinum or items for Krono through hard work in game versus someone who automates - sleeping 7-9 hours while EQ plays itself - for platinum or items (chase items or collectibles) to convert ill-gotten wealth into Krono.

Automation is a long form of a plat dupe. Automators (botters) are stealing from hardworking, rule-abiding players (who actually spent time and effort in game to acquire, or paid real money gained by work).
    Wdor, Prepared and Bigstomp like this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

People used money to buy the exact same things they buy with krono long before krono got introduced into the game.
    Wdor and Duder like this.
  20. Tual Augur

If you think logging in and playing is "hard work" you have more important issues that worrying about how other people play.
    I can buy 20 krono, turn around and sell them for close to 6 mil a piece, that's 120 million plat that I can spend in game. Someone that's working part time is at a sever disadvantage because they don't have the ability to buy 20 krono, therefore I have a huge advantage over that player. Hopefully DB sends you a thank you card for jumping in and defending their money grab.
    People that run programs aren't stealing squat from you, most of them are just looking to do stuff without dealing with jackwagons, they're the ones being hit with suspensions because the hit to the bottom line is absorbable, where banning the big PLers that have automated groups in every pick in every popular zone are being left alone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.