Would You Rather...Druid or Wiz

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dirae, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Dirae New Member

I'm bored, so I'm taking a little survey of the situation going into OoW. I've played both classes on live, and I love them for different things and also find them frustrating for different reasons. However, both are in short supply so I'm looking to take one as a main here soon. I haven't played either in any content OoW + for many, many years. If anyone would like to share their experience it would be much appreciated.
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I prefer druid for the versatility. As a fellow human who also starts things with

"I'm bored"

Druid has more angles. and tracking. It can also just snarekite 4 mobs at a time and not get hit more efficiently. I really try to like playing wizard long term, but when the I'm bored bit hits, ... well... that's what I'm bored of. Same nukes different day.

Plus PLing lowbies, random DS chases in noob zones are always appreciated.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Oh and they also 1 round people in PvP
  4. Dirae New Member

I love them both in the group game, really, but I need to take one into the raiding world and my biggest gripes with them are fairly similar. I have both on live and I loved my druid, but thats obviously a different world over there. I feel like the long term of a druid will keep me more interested, but I know people find them rather useless, which challenges me to somehow put out the best numbers they'd never expect from a druid lol
  5. Ishbu Augur

Going into OOW? Its druid and its not close.

Casters are bad in OOW. Druids on the other hand just keep getting better in the level 70 era.
  6. Dirae New Member

So I have heard but I also hear the struggle affects druids too. I'm so torn. Lol. A druid will be less painful than a wizard?
  7. Thewiz Augur

A druid brings more options to the table in group and solo play. For raiding it's about being support or going for that #1 parse with the wizard.
  8. Gnomie Denser than most

I recently main changed to a druid, and I'm really enjoying it.

Not gonna top the DPS parse or heal parse (though i've gotten close on heal parse), but I have a lot of functionality and so far it's been super enjoyable to play (came from playing melee DPS in EQ for the past 20 years).

As for the group game, Destroy Summoned is *chef's kiss* in Paw.
    Zrender likes this.
  9. error Augur

OoW is right during that period where caster dps isn't particularly amazing, but if you hold out for a few expansions wizard picks back up and by like SoF or SoD they're really good. No clue about druid aside from they always seem to be a solid healing class in a raid and their fire resist debuff is clutch in certain eras.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Both have probably the two worst epic 2.0s in the game FWIW. But agree with other posters that of those 2 Druid is the better class in that era and for quite a few eras to come.
  11. Triconix Augur

Druids embarrass Wizards at their own game (dps) and provide healing, adps, and other situation/niche utility (which isn't super imperative the later in the game you get).