Very upset with patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They need to delete pickpocket what a useless ability and while there at it get rid of begging too. Begging being so high and one of the slowest skillups ever.
  2. Iven the Lunatic

Just get rid of all abilities and merge the PCs into WoW.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

And while they are retuning old-skills, they could improve bind wound so that it is better than just sitting down...
    Svann2 likes this.
  4. Hamshire Augur

A lot of classes if not most have been hit with a bat to a class defining ability since this company took over, this isn't new and nor will this be the last. It was just the rogues turn this patch and in a few more patches it will be another class.
  5. Grove Augur

The pickpocket skill of my rogue alt is capped because I intentionally practiced in private. Because of the knowledge that anything pickpocketed from an NPC in combat reduces the end loot, I have never done it in a group combat situation.
    Wdor, Bardy McFly and Svann2 like this.
  6. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I agree...give melee the ability to do bind wound loops on the MT so the clerics can melee on raids and have some fun!
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I was thinking more about when I solo-kite without a healer-merc, and want to restore my health between mobs.
    Admittedly, it is a bit of a corner-case, but it is weird that bind-wound isn't even useful in that situation. :)
    Deux likes this.
  8. Iven the Lunatic

Instead of nerfing old abilities they should be upgraded but only if they are about useless. Bind Wound and Begging could need an upgrade. The changes that had been made to Intimidation (RoS) and Disarm are acceptable but it should be kept in mind that all changes to classic EQ can make players unhappy, especially TLP and returning players as those players expect EQ to be like in the old days. All those little changes do totalize and sometimes it would be better to just leave old things as they are or make use of polls. Nobody does like bad surprises like the changes that had been made to pickpocket or the city of Freeport.

We are EverQuest players.
    We are Legion.
    We do not forgive.
    We do not forget.
    Expect us.
  9. Bardy McFly Augur

"Monk 3 binding wounds NOW!! MONK 4 start binding in 2 seconds!!" :p
    Deux likes this.
  10. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

/Agree. But what their fix was was to make anything 'wearable' not able to be picked. BTW, I only PP from mobs I solo. Kinda old school about that.
  11. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

The existence of a separate loot table has been debated since day one practically. I don't think it had ever been categorically stated one way or another by a dev. But, I do believe there should be.
  12. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

No. They also changed it so that nothing "wearable" can be picked
  13. Barton The Mischievous

Yes it has been stated. Unless something has changed since Prathun said it was the same table.

EDIT- in case you want the link
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/pickpocket-seperate-loot-table.226492/

Waring_McMarrin and menown like this.
  14. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

or they could, you know, internally flag items thet were formerly "magic" to "Unpickable" loot.

Easy fix isn't always easy, just faster in the moment. it's like "fixing" a dirty windshield by bashing a hole through it so one can see again.
  15. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Barton likes this.
  16. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Barton likes this.