Fixed Internally Hotkey cancelling with Stop Action not working correctly at all

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Fllint, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Fllint Elder

If you use the stop action command (or right click) on a hotkey that is currently still in the process of running, you cannot instantly start using another hotkey from the beginning like you have always been able to in the past. This has happened very recently, within the past couple of weeks.

What appears to be happening is whenever you have a hotkey running and use the stop action command (or right clicking the hotkey) what it is essentially doing now is pausing the hotkey on the next line. If you hit the hotkey again after using stop action, it starts back up on the next line in order instead of going back to the first line. The hotkey will never go back to the first line of the hotkey unless you let the hotkey fully play out.

This same behavior also occurs if you use 2 different hotkeys. For instance, if you use 2 hotkeys both with 5 lines.

On Hotkey A if you hit stop cast on the first cast (line), and then you use Hotkey B, it will start on the second line of Hotkey B instead of the first.

If you had originally let Hotkey A go through 2 casts first before you hit stop action, if you hit Hotkey B it will then start on the 3rd line of Hotkey B, and so on.

You will never be able to start another hotkey on the first line again until some hotkey has fully played out all 5 lines.
    Quarantine, niente, Duder and 9 others like this.
  2. Fllint Elder

As a flawed workaround for now, you can make a hotkey that has 5 blank lines (or 4 blank lines and a trigger word that lets you know when it is reset on the 5th) that you can use to force it to go back to the first line of all of your hotkeys, but the pause from your previous hotkey will still be performed before it goes through the 5 blank lines of the "reset" hotkey, so it will be very delayed depending on the pause duration.

I know this will not affect most people as hotkeys and pauses in EQ in general are terrible, but when boxing multiple toons this really makes things overly annoying and cumbersome to deal with.
    Pirouette likes this.
  3. Pirouette Augur

Yeah this is completely horrible to box with especially with TLP truebox. Apologies, didn't see your post here when I posted a seperate thread. Just to make sure all the details are in one place, here's some reproduction steps that I wrote out. I didn't know that re-pressing the hotkey was resuming from its last line though, that certainly seems to be what was happening and I couldn't understand what was going on.

Fllint likes this.
  4. Fllint Elder

I hope they are fixing this in the emergency patch
  5. Pirouette Augur

Looks like a no. This is still an issue.
    Fllint likes this.
  6. Fllint Elder

Please don't let this go past the next patch before getting fixed. It is extremely frustrating for a decent amount of people that box without using that "other program"