OoW open date.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Alwaysthesame, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Alwaysthesame New Member

- Omens of War will open June 1st instead of May 25th on Mischief and Thornblade

Why?
  2. Nolrog Augur

Because they need a little more time to randomize the loot and it's also the same day the 2 new servers release.
  3. Gnomie Denser than most

I agree with your statement....but I think OOW is getting to the point where randomization gets way easier. Heck, in a couple of more expansions, they will have literal tiers built into progression. Then randomization will be maddeningly easy.

T1: Anguish
    T2: MPG Trials | RSS
    T3: Epic 1.5 / 2.0 chests
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yeah, OR, because it was supposed to open a day or two before an exp bonus long weekend and so instead of:

1) People not buying exp potions
    2) People quickly leveling and grinding AA and then possibly cancelling early
    3) So many people logging on to take advantage of said bonus and content release, it pushes queues back on and people flip over it

they let the exp bonus lapse and then release new levels and AA.
  5. theonepercent Augur

Because for whatever stupid reason they think 3/4 people on discord speak for the entire TLP community.
    Aeonblade likes this.
  6. Triconix Augur

OOW is one of the easiest expansions to randomize. The only question is if they randomizing the 1.5/2.0 chests or not. Outside of that it's basically two tiers of randomization (if they do any tiering).

Tier 1:
    Anything not RSS Royals, MPG, CoA.

Tier 2:
    RSS Royals, MPG, CoA
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

I think this is a positive side effect for DBG that was not intended not the driving factor. The idea/request came from players on discord, in regards to server stability.
  8. Machen New Member

Regardless of the reasons, thank you players of Mischief and Thornblade for giving us one less week of PoR on Rizlona. They popped onto our discord and asked us the same thing after speaking to you all, and we all unanimously agreed that a week longer in DoDH and a week less in PoR would be a great thing. We wouldn't have even thought to ask for it.
  9. Triconix Augur

I never understood this mentality nor will I ever. Nobody is forcing anyone to play in PoR, even if it technically the "latest" expansion out. If a majority of the guild prefers to not play in PoR...don't? And vise versa, the game isn't blocking you from going back to previous expansions to farm. Demiplane will basically remain end zone option 1A with DK being 1B seeing how DK offers no weapons and bare minimum visible armor options. So what does it matter if PoR is out or not? It's not stopping guilds from farming DP on a weekly basis. The only thing PoR does is offer different options than raiding CoA/DP/Vish&Yarlir for the 9th, 17th, and 29th week in a row.
  10. Machen New Member

DK offers circle clickies, and those are invaluable.

If that weren't the case, the whole expansion could be comfortably skipped.
  11. Triconix Augur

Just going to play Devil's advocate, but if they truly were invaluable to you, you wouldn't be happy to have one less week farming them. You're only going to get limited number of them in the limited number of times being able to do DK. Having total opportunities cut by 12.5% on something considered invaluable would infuriate a lot of people.

Also, I'm not the biggest fan of PoR. I'll openly admit I don't like it. It was confusing and messy when I last did it when it was the latest expansion on live. However, there are some gems in PoR in terms of raids. I always enjoyed Daosheen, Suchun, Shrine, and Rage Tower. Heck, I'd go as far to say I'd do 12 weeks of PoR before ever doing just 4 weeks of classic-velious again.
  12. Intercept Augur

60-65 sucks
    65-70 is like 2 hours, it was insanely fast
  13. Iyacc Augur

for the love of dead halflings everywhere please don't let them randomize MPG trials with Anguish. It's bad enough not having much to do besides Anguish for months, we don't need to get trial loot as our "reward"
  14. Polekn Augur

That's exactly the reason why they should randomize MPG trials with CoA. There will be a reason to do something other than Anguish.
    Xanathol likes this.
  15. Nolrog Augur

Except that has never stopped them from releasing an expansion before an XP bonus time in the past.
  16. Triconix Augur

What's the point of playing on a randomized server if you don't want the primary raid zone for an expansion to be randomized?

Did you complain when getting potime loots off basically groupable targets? If the answer is no, it seems like you want your cake and eat it too.
  17. Zanarnar Augur

They were given 3 choices.. 1) change nothing. 2) change the release date of the NEW servers noone at all is playing on RN. 3) change the schedule of existing servers known for a year now and planned around.

Guess which one they picked.... /sigh/
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

Which tells us 1) they care about server stability and the user experience *as a whole* and 2) shifting expansion unlock dates is simpler/cheaper than changing server launches. Either from a hardware PoV or marketing or who knows what.
  19. Zanarnar Augur

and 3) they cannot plan more then 2 weeks out. This should have been noted internally MONTHS ago and the release announcement adjusted accordingly.

what they've done is screw M/T out of the xp bonus that was supposed to coincide with OOW release. Again, something that has been planned for a year now.

If all they cared about was stability; how about extend that xp bonus another full week so we don't have to miss out due to your* failure to plan.

*DPG.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

It was officially changed like 6 weeks ahead of launch (via discord, then the test patch and now over a month out via the normal patch) not 2 weeks and the xp bonus has nothing to do with OoW, that was just a lucky coincidence. But I see where you are coming from and I don't think there would be much opposition to extending the xp bonus if they wanted to.