DBG take a page from Blizzard this year and actually listen to your player base.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Torga, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Torga Journeyman

DBG your idea of new TLPs are not what most of us want. Start listening to your players make EQ worth playing every year rather than u8s leaving to other games because you decide to implement stuff that the majority just does not want.
  2. asdfbot Lorekeeper

Put up a list of legit ideas your would like to see in a TLP.
    itzagame_m8s likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Rather than whining about the TLP on offer you could just post your own TLP idea so that the devs get to hear you give some feedback that is constructive rather than negative.

Dev: What do you want?
    I don't want a GoD-Start server
    Dev: Yes, but what do YOU want?
    I don't want a TLP that copies Mangler
    Dev: I hear what you don't want, how about you tell me what you DO want.
    I don't want a TLP that has no Focus effects until Luclin
    Dev: That's a bit more like it but we aren't changing that, anything else you want.
    I don't want a TLP like Yelinak
    Dev: I am beginning to feel like I am repeating myself here but...
    DEV: WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY WANT?
    I want something different!!!!! What's so hard to understand FFS?
    Dev: *walks away swearing under their breath*
  4. Moforyguy Elder

Kunark start. Focus effects. Boom perfect launch.
    itzagame_m8s and Brontus like this.
  5. trainz Journeyman

Yelinak with free trade andn2x increased loot on bosses in raids. Boom now it’s perfect. Also a Kunark start.
    wade_watts, Chyron and Moforyguy like this.
  6. Tyvolus Journeyman

PvP = classic ONLY....no xpansions.
  7. Torga Journeyman

A 3rd TLP
    Increased XP by 200%
    FREE-TRADE has to have it no if ands or buts
    Increased Loot from bosses
    Classic start, Kunark start I dont care.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So Mischief with XP pots?
  9. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Classic too painful.
  10. Pappasalt Augur

I still trying to figure out which player asked for a faster than selo server with a level lock reduction lol when we never even tried an actual regular level locked server at all.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Haak Augur

I'm very curious where the data is on this. Somehow, I've completely overlooked the polling for various TLP features that demonstrates a majority interest that Darkpaw is ignoring. If you could be so kind as to link me to that resource, I'd love to educate myself. I'm 100% certain you aren't simply throwing around bold claims without any concrete sources. Who would do that?
    Skuz and Zrender like this.
  12. Zrender Augur

Yeah. As one of the guys asking for level locked I'm still a little stunned by the double whammy of super fast expansions. I've kinda accepted it as not really mattering though. I don't think anybody will ever be fully current anyway except possibly in the 40s range so I just look at it as a new live server with a fresh economy and some level locking to dampen the rush a little. I think the expansion rollout is more geared to getting it to live asap and not much related to the level locked system. It is gonna be chaos though, should be fun and interesting.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Arclyte Augur

spamming the forums with new accounts is a great way to prove you're a stable human being who should be taken seriously :rolleyes:
    Sendori likes this.
  14. code-zero Augur

Need a PvP server where at the character select screen you get a Shroud choice with level and class and you'll spawn in world in a level appropriate zone. Teams and groups can be sorted out y'all put your brains to work on that.

Pure PvP action with shroud progression
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

“The flame that burns Twice as bright burns half as long.”

Lao Tzu, Te Tao Ching

Vaniki "I wish I had that long" *puts on shades*

16. Vicus Augur

I really like the idea of Vaniki. I wish it was three box from the start then turned off at BS but that's minor. Beast and Zerker on launch. That is what many wanted. Only thing that would make the server perfect for me is to slow it down a bit. The fast pace leads me to believe they have something bigger up their sleeve for the next TLP announcement and want to ensure this one is completed in time. But if they announce it to be free loot 2 weeks before launch, then they can keep the server.
    Skuz and Zrender like this.
  17. error Augur

I mean, if you go on the WoW forums you'll find countless posts about how Blizzard doesn't listen to their playerbase. I don't think there's ever been a MMO where the entire playerbase felt as if they were being listened to. I'm pretty sure the level locked server idea came from players so they're at least listening to some segment of the playerbase?
  18. Zinth Augur

he said increased loot not randomcrappolaloot
  19. wade_watts Augur

[IMG]
  20. wade_watts Augur

Seems like they should have just made Vaniki w/ mischief ruleset. The abundance of loot and free trade would seem to compliment the server pace / design well.