The State of the Druid (OoW)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nyyxe, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Nyyxe New Member

Since the next expansion to roll out on Mischief will be OoW, I'm looking at to what class I want to focus on for raiding content. I am currently looking at wizard, shaman or druid. I have played all of these classes on Live, however not past PoP on any TLP. I seem to always run a shaman in every facet of EQ so it would be my last choice.

If anyone can elaborate on the state of druids (and to a lesser extent wizards) in particular going into OoW, it would be appreciated. Thanks :)
  2. Machen New Member

Druids and wizards are pretty painfully bad in oow through TSS. You do need a druid or two on raids for buffs/debuffs, but they really don't come into their potential until later in the expansions. Same with wizards, they are going to be sub-par dps all through the 70's, but you do need one to AETL the raid at the end of the night.

If you are willling to play the long game, either class will eventually shine.

Of the three, shaman is by far the most powerful in oow. Sorry, but that's just the reality.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

Its a caster so it suffers a lot during lvl 70. If you like druids, just stick it out for until TSS.
  4. Xhartor Augur

Of the those 3 options, Shamy is best short term, they are a great class in 70's era. Their 2.0 is forever good. Stat buffs do return to being useful and you get a group avatar. So expect to spend a lot of time healing melee DPS groups on raids. Also you get a couple of really cool short duration buffs over the next couple of expansions (react slow with HoT/ melee proc buff). I know few shamy that got more then a little annoyed with rebuffing those all the time.
  5. Korea numbah3 Elder

Healing is the bane of druids. Druids can parse they just generally have to pick up slack from boxed clerics.