Legacy TLP - The most popular server of all time.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Haak, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Haak Augur

With all the continued clamoring for rulesets that only a fraction of the playerbase would respond to, how about a server for 2023 that everyone will play on, even if they outright despise the unlock cadence, loot rules, truebox (or not), etc.?

One simple addition: All legacy items, and I mean all of them, are available within limited windows in the appropriate era.

If you announce that for the first time in ages players will have another shot at Manastones, the number of subs for that server cycle are going to be record-setting. I don't care who you are, or what your taste in servers are - you'd be playing on this one.
  2. Basak Augur

I would not, that is just silly to assume everyone would be playing on it.
  3. Machen New Member

I too wouldn't play on this server. Legacy items make zero difference to me. They are toys that are only useful for an expansion or two at best.
    Zanarnar, rangerous and Hirbow like this.
  4. Digler Elder

Interesting thought OP.

My guess is the Evil Eye in Guk would be a total s-show. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Mana Stone only works in Classic era content (Guk, The hole, The planes, etc) Doesn't work in any of the expansions.

I've often wondered how much all the clamoring for the 'typical' launch cycle (i.e. 3 months of classic, 3 months of Kunark, etc) is due to people wanting the legacy items that ARE available now (DE mask, CoS, Fungi stick, Sleepers loots, etc).

Also, its my understanding that the pre-nerf items like DE Mask, COS are actually available on any TLP for a few weeks.

For some reason, I think those items are available for a week, after "the next expansion" opens.

Anyone know if those were available on Selos for any amount of time?
  5. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Yuck! P99's legacy system is one of the main reasons why I will never play on that server again. Players were camping manastones for 24+ hours without a break due to the anti-afk code. Obviously, Everquest Live is different, yet other issues will rear their ugly heads here too.

I played a 60 cleric without a manastone on P99 green, which I really enjoyed until I watched several manastone clerics canni down to 5hp, complete heal themselves, canni down to 5hp again, complete heal themselves a second time, and so forth. They never had to worry about mana management because of that silly item. NPC aggro wasn't an issue either as long as they manastone'd in between pulls or didn't heal until they were nearly at full mana.

In Kunark, manastone clerics could gate to a classic zone, manastone to full mana, and port back with the help of a raid druid or wizard. If my Everquest TLP character cannot get a Circlet, I'll just camp a ring of stealthy travels in Kunark. If my EQ TLP character cannot get a DE mask, I'll just wait until Luclin/PoP to ease my sorrows. If my EQ TLP character cannot get a manastone, I will do what I did on P99 Green...DELETE!
  6. Appren Gnomercy

Uh, I have zero interest in farming manastone, this idea doesn't appeal to me at all.
    rangerous likes this.
  7. error Augur

A while back they added a global ~1ish second intrinsic cooldown to all no-cooldown instant clickies. Manastone would still be decent in-era, but not what it use to be. That cooldown probably kills the port>click spam>gate trick some classes could take advantage of out of era to extend the manastone's life.

Besides, a server based around extremely time windowed drops doesn't sound particularly appealing given how camps like that end up on every single standard TLP. The level of enforcement just isn't there to make it fair to legitimate players.
  8. Protagonist Tank

Of all the "Sightseer TLP player who always quits in the first two months" post ideas, this one is the most.
    Appren likes this.
  9. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Corporate needs you to find the difference between Haak's server idea and Prophecy of Ro's Freeport revamp idea.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

11. FranktheBank Augur

Its pretty funny you think legacy items would be a determining factor moreso than ruleset/unlock/etc.